• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installing 911 Clutch Cover - Issues

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
You are So right WhiskeyTee, the video on their website makes it look like a piece of cake. Maybe it is on some sleds but, certainly not on this one.

Hopefully, the dealer when he installs the kit will know if the spider requires shimming? Although, I don't know why it would matter. Won't the ABC kit on the 911 cover allow me to adjust belt to sheave clearances?

dgibbons, I'm not remote but, I have found I sure like to order stuff on Ebay and have it delivered to the door with no tax and supposedly free shipping. That saves me from running store to store hunting and fighting traffic.

H

hook

Nov 28, 2007
Ocheyedan, Iowa
911 cover

I installed a 911 cover on my Polaris and my dads arctic cat this fall. The Polaris was a simple swap in and out. The arctic cat was a little more work but not a big deal. I pulled the clutch off the sled, put the clutch in a holding fixture in a vise, used the socket from thunder products to remove the factory retainer nut and install the new sleeve with some Loctite, threw the new spring and heavy hitter weights from them in, threw the cover on and installed on the snowmobile. The adjustment nut on the new cover is all you need to adjust your belt to sheeve clearance. I used a business card as a feeler guage to set it and we rode the sleds for 4 days last week in Colorado with no problems.

H

hook

Nov 28, 2007
Ocheyedan, Iowa
I used a fixture that looks like a triangle with flat points and some pegs that stick into the backside of the clutch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Betterview

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Central Minnesota
I have over 3000 miles on my cover. The spider buttons were worn and the rollers in the original clutch were getting loose last season so I moved it to a new clutch and it shows very little wear. The much larger diameter and wider bushing seem like it will not need to be replaced for many more miles. Use glide washers to eliminate spring torsion, Keep belt clearance very minimal, leave weights free falling when tightening the bolts, and keep the belt snug. Engagement will be buttery smooth, no more high engagement slam in and over shift bog.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
If anyone wants to do this conversation, I've got one spring on the shelf that I never got around to installing.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Looking for more reports on the cover install process and long term reviews.

Sent it

Ive had one on for 3 seasons now. Works very well and the clutch seems to be holding up just fine. Ive put on roughly 1500 miles with it on.
Ive got engagement just under 4000, maybe 3850-3900 and its super smooth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Premium Features