• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How are AXYS Big Bores coming along?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I'd put our big bore or even stage 3 bolt-on kit up against any pump gas turbo. The turbo kits we've ridden with that claim "instant power" still will not touch a big bore on low end. In our experience when racing up hill, the turbo will fall behind and it takes a long chute to overcome the naturally aspirated instant power. With us and many others I'm sure... just depends on what you're doing. If it's climbing all day, turbo's work well. If you are playing around in technical areas and want predictable power on tap at any moment... then I'd highly suggest our stage 3 kit or 860 big bore.

We will be offering a complete big bore kit for $4295 which will include: Exchange big bore cylinder (bored, ported, plated), durability kit with Wossner big bore pistons, exhaust valve machining, top case half machining, BMP single pipe, BMP Y-Pipe, Bully Dog GT loaded with our custom 860 tune, Stage 2 adjustable clutch kit.

As said previously: If riding low altitude you will need a big bore muffler as the stock will be restrictive and limit horsepower.

Forum discounts do apply!

-Mike

You guys would need to jump through hoops for me to buy anything you produce. That is a direct result of your historic false advertising (so many years of over inflated dyno numbers and nothing that you produced for the consumer was even close).

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
I hope they're not getting a run at it with a big bore otherwise they'll hit the hoop and bounce off...

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
At what, sealevel? I can't testify to you being wrong but I have trouble believing that above 8000' a big bore would hang with a turbo. My silber kit has very little lag even from idle. If you are moving lag is non existent

This is our experience (R&D guys going out west) and the experiences of those who are using our product. All times they have lined up against turbo's it's been in Colorado around 7-9k. Hopefully we can get some good comparison videos this riding season. Not trying to start a turbo vs big bore battle, just giving the feedback I've been given by some very reputable guys.

You guys would need to jump through hoops for me to buy anything you produce. That is a direct result of your historic false advertising (so many years of over inflated dyno numbers and nothing that you produced for the consumer was even close).

Sorry you feel that way! This company is doing great things and has really picked up it's game.... especially within the past few years. Can you elaborate on the false numbers or your problems in the past? Our R&D manager Joey is about as honest with HP numbers as they come. We strive to go get the horsepower, not fudge dyno numbers. Real world results are what sell products.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK

......... This company is doing great things and has really picked up it's game.... especially within the past few years. ................ Real world results are what sell products.

I agree "Real world results are what sell products" and historically you have not delivered.

I'll just say it will take a lot of years of Atta boy's to make up for the ten or so years of constant consumer disappointments, but regardless your reputation for me is soiled and you will not get any of my money.

If it worth anything to you, there are a long list of companies that have fallen far short on delivering what was advertised / expected and will never get any more of my money, EVER!

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
At what, sealevel? I can't testify to you being wrong but I have trouble believing that above 8000' a big bore would hang with a turbo. My silber kit has very little lag even from idle. If you are moving lag is non existent

I used to have a Linderman ported m1000 that would beat a pumpgas Twisted kit all day long on a m8.
Races were not even close.So I believe...

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
The Bikeman stage 3 kits on the guys that have them around here really rip.

I have their stage 3 kit, except I already had SLP 8K+ heads, on my sled and once I got the clutching sorted out, that thing flat hauled azz. It made my SLP stage 4 '14 Pro-RMK feel like a slug. The riding was at 8 to 10K altitudes.

Tahoe54

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
I'd put our big bore or even stage 3 bolt-on kit up against any pump gas turbo... Bully Dog GT loaded with our custom 860 tune, Stage 2 adjustable clutch kit.

As said previously: If riding low altitude you will need a big bore muffler as the stock will be restrictive and limit horsepower.

Forum discounts do apply!

-Mike

Have you considered doing a reflash like Silber is doing? I like the clean install that option offers.

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
Have you considered doing a reflash like Silber is doing? I like the clean install that option offers.

We actually do re-flash the ECU with the Bully Dog. This is a programmer, not an add on controller. It DOES NOT need to stay installed once the programming is complete. Everything can be removed after you flash your ECU.

The huge thing about actually having a programmer is that we can simply ship it right to you with no down time or core charges. You can easily switch tunes via e-mail if you upgrade to other products, and it's simply the absolute best diagnostic tool/data logger/gauges you can get.

Many simply tune the sled and remove the Bully Dog. If you ever have an issue you can easily plug it in and view the gauges to see what's happening.

-Mike

Mr. Pump Gas

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2009
With this season almost in the books do we have any big bore or NA guys that can comment on their kits?

Overall performance, reliability, time it took to tune and support from engine builder, etc.

Thinking of building something this summer.

Thanks in Advance!

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I went with the BMP 860 kit as I already had their pipe, can and removed the Bully Dog from 2014 to use on the 2016.

I will say, this thing flat out rips. It took a while to get the Tied clutch figured out, but I did get it (at least for the riding I do and the elevation I ride).

My sled is a '16 Pro-RMK 163

Track: a 3.2"

Drivers: 7T 3" Avids on an Assault shaft (steel splines)

QD Pulleys are from my 2014.

Tied Secondary: 70-57ER .46 spring is a Venom (Team) Red/Black (140/240)

Primary: Gold Star weights at 71.6g (magnet placement 3/3/1/2 (holes 1 to 4) with a Venom (Team) bright yellow (120/340)

Belt: Dayco XTX 5020

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Check out the Stroker Customs/T8rz Porting and Performance big bores are great!

The 910 is a SWEET "little" big bore they runs REALLY well and makes GREAT torque.

The 962 stroker is a MONSTER!!

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
860 kit

I have to ask. Does anyone have any insight as to how the Big Bore process is coming along on the Axys 800 motor.
Who is building them? and how big can they go?
I'm sure somebody knows something.

Thanks in advance.

Here is another option for people to look at.

We have been doing our 860 kit with the taller durability kit style pistons for 3 years now. We have logged thousands of miles on them. One customer even has nearly 4000 miles on his machine and still running it.

Our spring special price is only $1995!!

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?..._shop=1&id_employee=3&theme=&theme_font=font7

ssiaxyshotkitinstalled.JPG

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Here is another option for people to look at.

We have been doing our 860 kit with the taller durability kit style pistons for 3 years now. We have logged thousands of miles on them. One customer even has nearly 4000 miles on his machine and still running it.

Our spring special price is only $1995!!

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?..._shop=1&id_employee=3&theme=&theme_font=font7

We will have at least 1 or 2 of speed shops kits on snow this year. Deffinatky worth it and they stand by everything

Premium Features