• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help looking for pics of iqr 800s

S
Oct 15, 2008
I am building a 05 iqr with a 800 out of a 02 rmk. I am using brads motor plate. What im looking for is pictures of the bulkhead and cross bar after they were cut. I have a few ideas just woundering whats been working for everyone else. Thanks

O

oscar680

Jan 29, 2010
Alberta
800 engine mounting

here are a couple photos of my 05 chassis,

it came with a BB Polaris twin before i swaped it out for a 1200, when i got the sled the pto side of the chasis was notched out and filled in with weld, the crossbar was also cut to fit the waterpump/ recoil, when i did the 1200 install i notched the Mag side but instead of filling it with weld I built a small plate to cover the gap, it turned out alot nicer than the PTO side.

I have the engine out of my sled right now if you need any more photos.

1200 project 022.jpg 1200 project 008.jpg

O

oscar680

Jan 29, 2010
Alberta
Yeah I had to do a bit of cutting, the mag housing for the 1200 sits inline with the chassis, if there is any flex in the motor mounts the mag housing could contact the chassis, more than likely causing it to break off.

As for the 1200 triple, it is a lot of fun, definitely my favourite sled engine!

Premium Features