• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Good rear bumper

B
Dec 19, 2021
Alberta
So I posted about this before but I’m splitting into 2. So is a rear bumper worth it or just look cool more then anything and if so which company made good ones. Mostly interest in rogue concepts and backwoods bmp. Maybe item or trencher too

A
Dec 21, 2018
I got the really cool looking ones.. https://www.rogueconcepts.net/ would never put one on again.. instead of rivets they had bolts that where to go between new bumper and tunnel up front.. broke a pair of really expensive shoes going back and forth over sled over a couple of weeks.. took me a while to figure out why the heck the boots where tearing.. i haven't talked to rougeconcepts so not sure if they have a better solution for this season but really original equipment is the way to go.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
Cats tunnels are easy to change but are almost the cost of an aftermarket bumper. I would save the time and effort and go after market. BMFab is a reputable brand.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I don’t believe they’re necessary and just increase the risk of further damage by moving the bending point farther forward into the main tunnel vs the easy to replace rear tunnel section.

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
Personally I have never liked the stock rear bumper design with the flap mounted in the middle of it. I have a Rogue on my race sled but I like the tip up of the backwoods

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Stock for me in the hills, but I don't like riding low snow conditions. Seems to be strong enough for that and I don't like adding weight if I don't have to. If I was trying to drag the bumper on the ground all the time I might consider something stronger.

B
Dec 19, 2021
Alberta
I got the really cool looking ones.. https://www.rogueconcepts.net/ would never put one on again.. instead of rivets they had bolts that where to go between new bumper and tunnel up front.. broke a pair of really expensive shoes going back and forth over sled over a couple of weeks.. took me a while to figure out why the heck the boots where tearing.. i haven't talked to rougeconcepts so not sure if they have a better solution for this season but really original equipment is the way to go.
Are you talking right at the front of the bumper kinda where it ends? I will ask around see if anyones had issues with that and if it’s common wrecking boots

B
Dec 19, 2021
Alberta
Stock for me in the hills, but I don't like riding low snow conditions. Seems to be strong enough for that and I don't like adding weight if I don't have to. If I was trying to drag the bumper on the ground all the time I might consider something stronger.
True. I have a 165 currently so isn’t a mega wheelie machine setup currently

Premium Features