• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Getting the Hawk out of your truck?

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
I have been trying to figure out the best way to get the Hawk out of the back of my truck alone. This is a pain in the arse with two people let alone trying to get this done by myself. Yes I am a rookie at this but there has got to be an easy way!

Lets see some pics of your set up and why it works.

Thanks in advance!

Nov 2, 2009
SLC, UT
A guy parked next to us at Hawkfest had a boom with an electric pulley mounted in the bed of his truck that lifted the hawks in and out. Looked pretty nice. I think Snow Hawk Gal took a pic of it.

I mounted a $100 electric hoist in my garage to put the hawks in--easily done by myself. Then I just back up to a snowbank to unload and load which I can also do by myself.

whistlerhawk

Premium Member
Mar 23, 2008
Whistler BC
Crane is rock star!

After years of wrestling, cursing, wiping out after a long day (I'm sure we all have our own horror stories), I finally got a crane. 1000lb lifting capacity, one person operation...but not cheap. All in for me it was $2800, including the mounting infrastructure to my chassis. I'm sure there are way cheaper options for those mechanically and welding inclined, but the crane is the way to go IMO.

truck up beside.jpg

B

BlazinBya

Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River Wi
Badazz,but hardly practical unless your a scrapper and could justify the hoist and use it as a write off!

Ive got a few ideas in mind greg....just need some time in the shop when were not wrenchin on the rides to try out a few proto's

Last edited:
Hi

I have a gmc truck with a 6.5 feet box.I took off my tail gate for the winter and when i want to drop the hawk,i just get in the box and take the handle bars and pull back.Now that the end of the track is touching the ground i get down , take the track with my both hands to keep the balance and pull 2-3 time and the front end drop down.After i foward the truck and go ride.

The important thing is to have a bed linner and no tail gate to make sure the snow tracker dont get stuck.It seem hard but i do this in about 5 minutes!

If you have someone to help you ,you drop the track on the ground and ask your friend to foward a bit and you just hold the handlebars.

T
Dec 26, 2007
Minnesota
Ahww Danial Son

Old wise hawker once showed me a cool method for extracting a hawk out of the back of a pick up truck.

For just 19.95 I can show you to.!!!

No really. Jason from the Yooper nation use's a piece of the stuff used for carbide saver's on trailers, black plastic guide stuff. Drive's the hawk on that when loading, and slip's right out when unloading. It has to be long enough to be under the track. kinda slippery, so hawk just slides out.

WORD (*)(*)

J
Dec 5, 2007
UP OF MI
ALL SECRET STUFF...... GET A BED LINER (LONGBOX PERFERED FOR FREE FROM SALE / JUNKYARD ) CUT IT 12" T0 15" WIDE. DRIVE ON WHEN LOADING, THEN PULL THE WHOLE THING OFF WHEN YOU ARE READY TO RIDE, IT WILL SLIDE RIGHT OUT.

roo

Premium Member
May 12, 2008
sedro woolley WA
hawk deck!!!!!!!

I built a single hawk deck last year, pretty easy with one person. my friend tim just built his version of my idea. will be at his shop tomarrow. will take some pics of both designs!

roo

Premium Member
May 12, 2008
sedro woolley WA
deck

I built a single hawk deck last year, pretty easy with one person. my friend tim just built his version of my idea. will be at his shop tomarrow. will take some pics of both designs!

if you have snow hawk addiction 3 it is the deck in the back of the blue lifted toyota, 6" of lift with 35's and load by yourself!

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Got some ideas in my head but those wiill have to wait till next year. This year I will have to install a couple of friends to help with the unload scenario. Thanks for the ideas and by all means keep em cumming.

Premium Features