• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

G5 exhaust sensor vibrating loose

T

theidbreder

Mar 3, 2020
Has anyone had an issue with their top exhaust sensor vibrating out. I was riding on Friday, and noticed I my sled started sounding a little different (louder). After getting out of the powder and loading the sled, I noticed the plastic near the left headlight
3570127704c7001aa0ef82ee49fd41b0.jpg

was melted. When I got home I pulled the hood and saw the sensor came out and burnt a hole through the insulation and hood. Not happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
damn, that sucks. seems enough of these come loose such that brp needs to update the assembly line procedure on tightening these things and/or use castellated nuts and safety wire.

T
Dec 25, 2022
Idaho
It's not the Dealer's decision on whether to warranty something or not it is BRP. Example the flimsy little plastic tabs on the top exhaust side panel have broke off on mine. Dealer said no warranty I insisted they contact BRP and send pictures and BRP said to warranty it.

T

theidbreder

Mar 3, 2020
UPDATE: I just got a call back from my Skidoo dealership. BRP, notified them that the damaged parts from the sensor coming out would be warranted…. They ended up ordering a new hood, insulation, sensor, sensor module and the tune pipe (it only had melted sensor wire insulation on it). I’m definitely happy with their decision.

T

theidbreder

Mar 3, 2020
Not sure what the solution is, if there is one. I just think they are writing it off as a human error. I know several people who have the gEN5 and they’ve checked theirs after every ride since mine came out and theirs haven’t even budged.

Premium Features