• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

For Those Having 850 Starting Issues!!

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I had my 2019 850 rebuilt under warranty last March and found that it started with great difficulty and would surge at low rpm after the rebuild. The dealer reflashed to the latest flash while performing the rebuild. I started throwing the question around as to why this might happen. TRS "Tony" mentioned that he thought there may have been some interference while the reflash procedure was being performed. He recommended I send the ECU back for a second reflash. I took his advice and the dealer reflashed with no questions asked, as they also said they had seen this happen before. I had the opportunity to take the sled out for a test run this morning, the sled started like it should and the low rpm surging was gone. I would run it for a bit, shut it down and wait 5 or 10 minutes to restart. When I did this last spring it was a 5 to 10 pull start everytime. Today it started cold like it should and restarted every time when warm with one pull, I did not have to hold the throttle like I did last spring, there was no low rpm surging either, the fuel delivery behaved as it should. Thanks for the advice Tony, things are looking up!!! I don't know how often this happens but I thought would throw it out as food for thought. Bring on winter!!!

J
Jul 21, 2022
USA
I had my 2019 850 rebuilt under warranty last March and found that it started with great difficulty and would surge at low rpm after the rebuild. The snaptube vidmate dealer reflashed to the latest flash while performing the rebuild. I started throwing the question around as to why this might happen. TRS "Tony" mentioned that he thought there may have been some interference while the reflash procedure was being performed. He recommended I send the ECU back for a second reflash. I took his advice and the dealer reflashed with no questions asked, as they also said they had seen this happen before. I had the opportunity to take the sled out for a test run this morning, the sled started like it should and the low rpm surging was gone. I would run it for a bit, shut it down and wait 5 or 10 minutes to restart. When I did this last spring it was a 5 to 10 pull start everytime. Today it started cold like it should and restarted every time when warm with one pull, I did not have to hold the throttle like I did last spring, there was no low rpm surging either, the fuel delivery behaved as it should. Thanks for the advice Tony, things are looking up!!! I don't know how often this happens but I thought would throw it out as food for thought. Bring on winter!!!
glad it worked out for you

Premium Features