• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

deep snow/ cold weather gear....the HELMET MASK

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
So yesterday I rode into my buddies trapping cabin then broke trail for them over to my cabin..a total of 135 miles, the ride in and out was by myself(right on 100 miles in nasty whiteout /light snow conditions) and the temp when I left the truck in the morning was -14F...I decided this would be a perfect time to try a new peice of gear..the HELMET MASK....it velcros onto the frt of your helmet and keeps both snow and cold air off your face and neck..
When i first looked at the mask I figured really not going to do anything better then a belaclava and a good breath deflector..boy was I wrong, this mask works excellent for keeping the cold air/snow off your face/neck..no more small airleaks around your goggle edges, no having to ducktape your face for those super cold days...and what I like most of all..plenty of room between it and your face making it much easier to breathe, put on/take off your helmet..just plain nice....(I actually left the parking lot with my breathbox on as well, but stopped within a mile and removed it..I will say goggle fog issues were not an issue without the breathbox as long as I was moving...the mask when not in use fold into a compact package that will be easy to keep packed right on the sled and so far it appears to be a very well made and durable product...(I think this would also work on those super deep submarine days as well)..anyone interested in the mask can either go to their website or contact volcano buster on here for more info....

website....http://helmetmask.com/default.aspx

DSC00799.jpg

Premium Features