• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch assembly 2019 summit 850

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
What does the + on the sliding sheave indicate? I'm trying to figure out my clutch alignment. I have a straight line machined on the fixed sheave that was lined up with the + on the sliding sheave from the factory. I also have an arrow cutout on the back of the fixed sheave that didn't align with anything. Nothing on the fixed was aligned with the arrow on the spider from the factory. The manual states to align the arrow on the spider with the dot on the sliding sheave & the dot on the stationary sheave. I have no dot on the stationary sheave. Do I align the spider with the arrow or machined line on the fixed sheave? Or was it correct from the factory with the + & line matched up?

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
Thanks, that's the way I reassembled it. I found two videos online from well-known aftermarket companies that show it different. One lines the spider up with the notched arrow on the stationary sheave & the other lines the spider up with the scribed line on the stationary.

Premium Features