• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Chris Burandt Skinz Large Tool Kit

czimpel

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2012
Well, I screwed up here, and I'm sure I'll get a lot of you saying what an idiot. But, to my defense, I like nice tools and I'm not afraid to spend a little cash for a good all in one set. Chris sells this kit pretty hard on his YouTube channel. I've been eyeballing the wrench set for a couple years. Anyway, I did a couple side jobs and finally decided to pull the trigger on this kit. Skinz shipping cost was $25, which should have made me stop and think about the purchase, but I was excited for a good set of tools so I went ahead with it. What a mistake.

The wrenches and the bag itself are a great kit, but that's where it all stopped. The rest of the tools were off brand Chinese made tools, mostly 12 point sockets instead of 6 point, non branded adjustable wrench, and wait for it, Amazon Basics brand Allen and Torx sets. I absolutely couldn't believe it.

Needless to say, I reached out to Skinz for a return which they gladly accepted, but I was to pay shipping back to them, not get any shipping refunded, oh and also a 20% restocking fee. I can't believe that Skinz and Chris Burandt would put their name on such a low quality product.

Anyway, my fault for trusting what I thought was a reputable company. Rant over.

Please don't buy this kit!

P
Dec 15, 2018
Don’t feel bad sometimes that ****e happens. Bummer but thanks for the heads up. You know a couple times I’ve emailed Chris about stuff and to my surprise he answered back and was pretty cool to boot. I’d email him and tell him you where excited and you saved money and thought since his nan was on it it would be exceptional ect ect. I bet he’ll do something. May not but I d do it anyway. Thanks for the heads up!

czimpel

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2012
This was Skinz response yesterday, which I have to appreciate, after asking if Chris Burandt knew about the quality of the kit.

He does..........nobody likes it.
We don't like it.
He doesn't like it.
After covid prices went up by 50%+
This bag became $448.44 and that was back in 2021.
We used to purchase all of our tools through Fastenal......but they started not being able to supply.
Lead times are 4-6 months..........

So we discontinued making these packs.............but we still had to find some tools to fill out some of it.
We did not like it either..........I promise!
We cut the price which is why you purchased it for $324.95 instead of $448.44 (because we didn't like it!)
You actually purchased the very LAST one!
If you go to: http://www.skinzprotectivegear.com/snowmobileproduct/toolkits.html
You will see they are now sold out.

We made the wrenches here but it just was NOT possible for us to make ALL of those tools here...........
We searched and searched to find tools..............
That pack itself cost is $99.95
I don't know what the parts would add up to be if you could purchase them yourself...........maybe less than $200.00 and so it may certainly not be worth it to you and we understand.

This was supposed to be a tool kit housed in a pak that holds the lightweight wrench kit in the flat back portion and the balance of the tools in the front section. The bag is specifically made so it will open up and has flaps that roll out on the snow to provide a work space to prevent losing any of your tools. This kit is a comprehensive kit that will allow riders to work on any machine. It offers the tools needed to take apart any brand. The bag is large enough for the rider to add items if they choose. It has clip feature to lock the zippers together which will prevent the zippers from opening. It is the total solution for the person who has to perform a fairly significant repair in the mountains or on the trail. It is great for any snowmobiler.

If this is not what you were looking for please send it back................

moab11

Lifetime Membership
Feb 24, 2011
Great White North
At least that's a pretty honest reply from them.
To be fair though, anything made from steel is going to rust in these tool kits after a couple of years, so maybe spending the money on high end common tools may not be the way to go.
The wrenches definitely seem like a really nice product, but I'm still skeptical of anything skinz after the past year. Used to be a great company, now they seem to be all over the place on what they are offering.

If anyone is looking, the Klim tool bags that come with their packs are available separately and are really nice for a good price. I then bought basic/cheaper tools from Home Depot and such to fill it out. Definitely not light, and still not overly cheap, but I'm happy with it so far.

P
Dec 15, 2018
Not cause you don’t allready know but I got the list off his and another last year and bought it all cheap at box stores. Cost like 50 bucks. Not cool and light weight but all the same tools I don’t mind losing or breaking. Leave the snap in at home. Sucks about them not being able to stay in business. Crazy how the world can’t live without cheap Chinese **** anymore. Sad …

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Saw this on amazon and intrigued. Not all we need, but add a couple wrenches and you’re good. Not too heavy either.

Wera 5051045001 Tools 26Pc Zyklop Ratchet ¼" Socket and Bit Set with pouchC4B26D9F-1120-4335-98EF-61D4B2954FA5.jpeg

Premium Features