• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost Belt

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
Those of you on the boost, what are the Polaris OEM belts? I’ll probably get one spare Polaris belt, but will want to switch over to Gates. Has anyone ran with Gates, is there a belt available? All this is assuming there is a belt change for the boost.

I don’t have my boost yet, but will be picking it up the day before leaving for the mountains. The dealer told me ‘Merry Christmas’ the EGT arrived just in time before my planned trip.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
Run the gates on my 800 SKS. Its alright but really not a fan of it when its cold. belt seems to be hard and slips on the clutches. Seems fine once belt and clutches are warm.

Was your clutch cut to the correct profile/angle for the Gates? If I recall, gates are a different angle compared to OEM. My older 800 had to have the clutch cut.

Once your clutches are cut to the correct angle, they work awesome! Never had a problem with a turbo using Gates. I had all my sleds cut to the Gates belt profile, so I could run the same belt for all of them.

Just want to make sure we are creating the same comparison.

Premium Features