• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best play areas in black hills

N

nytro4

Mar 13, 2011
Southern mn
I know there is alot of off trail possibilities in the hills, but is there any play areas that are better than others, any specific area you can share or pictures would be great, Thanks:face-icon-small-hap

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
I don't think there are really any specific areas that are better than others. Personally, the places I think are the best are the ones people don't think to go. IMO some of the best untouched snow is in the southern area simply because all the "extreme" riders go north to cement ridge and so the area gets pounded flat after each snow. In the south part however, not many people get off the trails and so after about 4-5 snows there is typically better off trail riding there(in certain areas).

W

wag13

Jun 22, 2008
Spearfish,SD
You cant really ask what play areas are good until we are in the season. It all depends on where the snow is at (more snow on north/west side, snow everywhere) and what time of year it is (december/febuary) also have to look at it through the perspective of how much traffic the hills have had or are having at the time. Less traffic means you can find the same terrain and untouched areas that wont be tracked up closer to your unload point. Higher traffic means your gonna have to go farther, and search harder. Unless your me:face-icon-small-win End result is this. I, along with other snowest members can tell you areas off the beaten path that are fun as hell but they are gonna make no sense on where there at cause everyone who comes here calls different points of interests by different names so we all view the "area" in a different linguistic way, And no local or good ol' eastriver boy wants to give up the secret stash :face-icon-small-hap....Plus when it comes down to it half the fun of snowmobiling is getting lost as possible and stumbling upon your own secret places to forever claim as your own :yo:

starrsleds

Premium Member
Oct 18, 2008
ditto on the south just for traffic not even snow. not to many gas pump racers hanging out in the moon campground area.lol!!

bkpa

Premium Member
Mar 10, 2012
Hartford, S.D.
Trailshead parking lot seems to be the most popular, I have seen highly skilled riders attain blinding speeds and dazzle all onlookers with their skills in a very small area there.

So true.....

Don't forget they have to brrraaaaappppp their can for us also.

Premium Features