• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Michigan Mountain Bike Trails

J

Juztterberi

Banned
Sep 17, 2017
It looks like there are a ton of great trails in Michigan! So which ones are must-ride? Copper Harbor I think looks great, what do you think?

It looks like there are a ton of great trails in Michigan! So which ones are must-ride? Copper Harbor I think looks great, what do you think?

There are a ton of awesome trails up there. Copper Harbor is awesome. There are 3 main zones up there, Mountain Lodge, Brockway Mountain and East Bluff which is a few miles down mandam road. Mountain Lodge has all of the old school stuff, Brockway has the flow and east bluff is a new zone with brand new trails going in. If your feelin pedaly you can take the point trail all the way to the tip of the peninsula. super cool ride, about 30 miles round trip.

My favorite trail system up there are the Tech Trails right in Houghton on the school campus. I actually spent ladt summer up there working for the trail system. There is roughly 30 miles of trails in the system and all sorts of variety. You could spend a whole day there. Many people blow right through houghton and go straight to copper harbor but I think the Tech trails are the best. if you go there you have to ride DONT THINK. I might be bias, but im pretty sure its the best flow trail in the word ;)

Then there is Marquette. North side of the city you have harlow lake which is more XC and has some awesome trails for longer rider. Real cool views. Then there is also benson grade on the south side of the city with all of the big free ride trails.

I live in Utah now and still miss the UP MTB vibes. that place is special. But im hoping the sledding out here will be better than back in the midwest

zblink

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Mi
I would agree with the above

Though i would put tech trails equally to coppor harbor but i wouldnt skip either

J

Juztterberi

Banned
Sep 17, 2017
There are a ton of awesome trails up there. Copper Harbor is awesome. There are 3 main zones up there, Mountain Lodge, Brockway Mountain and East Bluff which is a few miles down mandam road. Mountain Lodge has all of the old school stuff, Brockway has the flow and east bluff is a new zone with brand new trails going in. If your feelin pedaly you can take the point trail all the way to the tip of the peninsula. super cool ride, about 30 miles round trip.

My favorite trail system up there are the Tech Trails right in Houghton on the school campus. I actually spent ladt summer up there working for the trail system. There is roughly 30 miles of trails in the system and all sorts of variety. You could spend a whole day there. Many people blow right through houghton and go straight to copper harbor but I think the Tech trails are the best. if you go there you have to ride DONT THINK. I might be bias, but im pretty sure its the best flow trail in the word ;)

Then there is Marquette. North side of the city you have harlow lake which is more XC and has some awesome trails for longer rider. Real cool views. Then there is also benson grade on the south side of the city with all of the big free ride trails.

I live in Utah now and still miss the UP MTB vibes. that place is special. But im hoping the sledding out here will be better than back in the midwest

Thanks fort the idea, I will go and check it out. Do we need some sort of permit to go on the trail or do they accept walk ins?

Premium Features