• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 axys silber turbo missfire?

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
So i asked on the turbo sleds only facebook page, but trying to reach all the people i can as it seems most are at a loss. my 800 is getting a random missfire/chug at any given time, and really any given rpm. At like a low speed you can chop it to full throttle, it will cough missfire maybe once or twice then off to the races. Plugs are gapped at .018, tps is set to perfection as of 3 weeks ago, got tons of octane running almost straight av gas at sea level, and ive checked for boost leaks multiple times. It runs fantastic other than when it does this. Any thoughts on what might be causing this? Not getting any det light, or codes. Kinda at a loss.

Alpine Xtreme Edge

Lifetime Membership
Nov 23, 2017
Oregon
So i asked on the turbo sleds only facebook page, but trying to reach all the people i can as it seems most are at a loss. my 800 is getting a random missfire/chug at any given time, and really any given rpm. At like a low speed you can chop it to full throttle, it will cough missfire maybe once or twice then off to the races. Plugs are gapped at .018, tps is set to perfection as of 3 weeks ago, got tons of octane running almost straight av gas at sea level, and ive checked for boost leaks multiple times. It runs fantastic other than when it does this. Any thoughts on what might be causing this? Not getting any det light, or codes. Kinda at a loss.
I would be checking plug wires and caps...making sure caps are actually all the way on the plug and secured firmly to the wires. Seems like they go on plugs a certain distance and seem secure, then if you push quite a bit harder they "snap" into position. Check plug wires for corrosion or loss of connections at both ends. Check out all your wiring for a chaffed wire grounding out. Check your throttle safety switch isn't froze up or electrically malfunctioning. Disconnect your tether if so equipped to rule it out.

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
I would be checking plug wires and caps...making sure caps are actually all the way on the plug and secured firmly to the wires. Seems like they go on plugs a certain distance and seem secure, then if you push quite a bit harder they "snap" into position. Check plug wires for corrosion or loss of connections at both ends. Check out all your wiring for a chaffed wire grounding out. Check your throttle safety switch isn't froze up or electrically malfunctioning. Disconnect your tether if so equipped to rule it out.
Im a madman and deleted the tss, and run no tether so thats hopefully not it lol. Ill double check The connections, but everything was looking pretty good.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Im a madman and deleted the tss, and run no tether so thats hopefully not it lol. Ill double check The connections, but everything was looking pretty good.

The post above about plug caps needing pushed down extra hard is spot on.

Also mix av and 90+ octane non ethanol 50-50.

Too much octane just hurts response.

Check the seal on the wastegate cap.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

What boost pressure?

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
Double check your octane? maybe too much?

Try new plugs again, I've seen plugs with Hair Line cracks in the porcelain on boosted engines. It causes odd misfires. One time detonating can crack a plug, and you may not even notice it.

Premium Features