• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 XF800 TEAM Tied

A
Oct 17, 2023
Regina
Hi guys. I recently had a mishap with my factory Big Fin secondary and have decided to go with them TEAM Tied secondary. I have found a good used one to install. My question(s) are as follows: I plan on buying the Arctic cat 1 7/16" clutch alignment bar, is shimming the same as the stock secondary? Is there a benefit to the Delrin washers inside the secondary? I know this has probably been beaten to death as well, but I've read on the Proclimb/Procross to not float the secondary, so just shim the secondary to spec and call it good? This is all matching up to a PB80 primary as well on a 084 belt. Any help you guys can provide me with is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A

akdanno

Feb 22, 2022
Alaska
I had the exact same setup on my 2013 m8 limited Powerbloc80 primary and Team Tied secondary. I floated the secondary. If your secondary is like mine, it has two deflection adjustment screws. They both must be exactly the same adjustment, or the sheaves won't have the same spacing all the way around. You can check it with calipers. When adjusted properly, it works really well and you get decent belt life

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
My tied secondary had it's own alignment bar supplied with the clutch. The offset isn't stamped on it, but I'm measuring it at 1.45"

I don't float the secondary and run the delrin washers.

The journal on the back where it slides on the jackshaft and sits against the offset adjustment washers is thinner with a much smaller surface area than the stock clutch. This beats out the stock washers and cups them faster. I did some measuring and got some machine washers from McMaster Carr that fit the jackshaft tighter, last longer than stock, and are cheaper than stock. Got 10pk bags of 0.030, 0.060, and 0.090 thickness.

Side note: The tied is a HEAVY clutch. Over a pound more than a big fin secondary with a shift assist bearing. ZRP makes an inner spider that's over 1/2lb lighter you can email or call them for cause it's not on their website. Also recommend their better helix bolts.

Last edited:

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Premium Features