• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 Rush 600: Electrical Problem

T
Jan 21, 2022
Cassadaga, NY
My Rush 600 has been through a lot of problems in the past week, I'm trying to get it all figured out but I'm stumped...

First off, I keep blowing headlights. Been through 3 pairs in the past two days and both highs and lows go out at roughly the same exact time as one another. Checked all the grounds and all seem to be good. This sled did have an electric start but I took both the starter motor and battery out as I didn't use either and.... weight reduction.

Second, when I went riding today, my sled would throw a DET code and 524007:3 on the diagnostic display. This just started happening today and I'm not sure where to even start. It has fresh, non-ethanol gas in it (that's all I run). I've never had this problem before and am very confused as to why it started acting up.

Any advice on these two problems, even if they're related or not, would be much appreciated! Winters in WNY seem to be getting shorter and this storm just rolled through so I'm excited to get out and ride.

Edit: Ran some tests. The headlight sockets (AC voltage) drop voltage when revving the motor (13v/14v @ idle down to 8v/9v). Also found a blown 2A fuse which I then replaced to no effect. I've cleaned and tested my 24 Ohm fuel resistor and that didn't solve the error code issue and I have new AC and DC voltage regulators coming in hopes this will solve my electrical problem.

Edit: Nothing worked... I've put the new DC voltage regulator in as well as the AC voltage regulator, cleaned all the grounds, and put a new battery in. I ran some more tests and found the DC voltage at idle was around 25v, getting as high as 45v with slight revving. I'm starting to think that all my problems are due to this electrical problem but I'm having no luck finding the issue... I've made this post on multiple forums and no one has gotten back to me. I'm desperate

Premium Features