• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 M6 Electrical

S
Apr 7, 2010
SO have an old 05 M6 for my kid, been running great for a few years now. Last weekend started up fine, ran around for 15 min, then dead. No spark. Went through everything except the TPS, ohms-out fine, manual says have to have some special du-hicky for TPS. Crank sensor acknowledges you're turning but is a smidge off. At a loss and dont just want to start ordering things that may get fried when I install. Any suggestions to move forward? Thx

B
Jul 7, 2009
b ville
SO have an old 05 M6 for my kid, been running great for a few years now. Last weekend started up fine, ran around for 15 min, then dead. No spark. Went through everything except the TPS, ohms-out fine, manual says have to have some special du-hicky for TPS. Crank sensor acknowledges you're turning but is a smidge off. At a loss and dont just want to start ordering things that may get fried when I install. Any suggestions to move forward? Thx
Not sure where your located I’m in bonnyville and have a brand new never run 05 m6 engine long block from cat - was a dealer for 30yrs- have it listed for 1500 includes everything from recoil to ignition coils

3FE284F6-47C6-4E5A-92B1-A3AB36B30C42.jpeg F939A8D8-6F3C-4ED4-8781-542D9C88066A.jpeg

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Disconnect the key and kill switch one at a time. When you say everything ohms out good does that mean you checked the source coils in the magneto? I have had the same problem before and it was this coil. If it ohms fine start it up and run it until it quits then quickly check the ohms again and see if it’s still in spec. If it is out of spec even by the slightest amount it is failed.

S
Apr 7, 2010
Yeah they all tested barely within spec at the stator? Some other threads have said sometimes they test out fine but still somehow the stator is bad? IDK

S
Apr 7, 2010
Put new stator in and crank sensor, nada.......Buddy pulled his ECU off and put in , fires right up. Now anyone know of someone who might be able to re-flash an ECU? Or an outfit that may have a re-built or re-programmed ECU?

S
Apr 7, 2010
Okay so now I have a question; new stator has a separate ground that comes off it. But the connector to the systems that run off the stator and the new stator look like they have diff wires. The new stator has two yellows and a brown (bigger wires) on its connector, the sled side connector has just a yellow and a ground (brown). Unfortunately I'm a retard when looking at the shop manual electrical diagram. Anyone out there encountered that problem? Like I said it fires up but I'm afraid to run it for a long time.

Premium Features