• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2003 XC 500 Belt Adjustment

T
Nov 3, 2022
Maine
2003 XC 500
The drive belt on this sled is loose to the point where you can grab it by hand and slide it around the clutches with relative ease. You can feel it slip a bit when taking off slowly from a stand still. This is a brand new belt and is listed as the correct part. The secondary clutch is not the Team clutch with the handy adjustment on it. I have both the manual and the service manual for this and neither tell me how to adjust the belt tension. Is it a matter of moving the engine? Thanks for your help!

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Your service manual should show the adjusting procedure under driven clutch belt deflection. I'll post the page from the service manual.
If you can't get the proper belt deflection by adjusting the secondary clutch then measure the clutch center distance and adjust to specification. It should be 11.5" and is adjusted by moving engine.

Attachments

• P85 belt deflection adjustment.pdf
    44.2 KB · Views: 6

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
I don't think that there is any adjustment for the Team clutch. The 2002 clutch appears to be pictured in that diagram. You can measure the belt deflection and if it is too much, then you buy a shorter drive belt.

Premium Features