• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1995 XLT Touring spec’s

W
Dec 3, 2007
Casper, Wyoming
Son-in-law just bought a 1995 XLT Touring sled. It has right at 6000 miles. Need to know what the clutching specs are for 9000’ and above. Both for the primary and secondary clutches. (Springs, weights,etc)

Also need to know the carb specs for the above elevation. (Jetting etc.)

Thank you for your time and responses. They will be greatly appreciated.

Wax

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Son-in-law just bought a 1995 XLT Touring sled. It has right at 6000 miles. Need to know what the clutching specs are for 9000’ and above. Both for the primary and secondary clutches. (Springs, weights,etc)

Also need to know the carb specs for the above elevation. (Jetting etc.)

Thank you for your time and responses. They will be greatly appreciated.

Wax

I’d be curious to see what it has in it first. A lot of those old sleds may already be dialed in by now by previous owners or have stuff in them we don’t know about. See my greasy Ultra triple thread on my experience and confusion with the jetting in it. Came with SLP high rpm pipes, SLP springs, who knows who made the weights, jetting that was way off from both Polaris and SLPs charts, weights heavier than recommended by them and who knows what else done to the engine (ported, aftermarket reeds maybe?) but it ran really tight, plugs burned perfectly at their elevation when I got it, and she rips with fresh springs in it. Whoever had this sled before the guy I bought it from had it dialed. If you see what it has in it first for clutching, jetting and look at the oem chart under the hood (or online manual) and it’s off from what the manual shows, I’d be cautious and try to figure out what’s been done to it. For jetting I’d probably change my jetting to what the oem chart shows but increase/decrease size based on what’s in there from the current chart variation. Similar with the clutching. If you can’t read the tag, some mothers aluminum polish on a cordless drill applicator pad took me about 30 seconds to clean up my nasty clutch cover enough to read the tags again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Here you go.

Attachments

• 1995 xlt touring Clutch.pdf
    96.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 1995 xlt touring Carburetion.pdf
    46.7 KB · Views: 2
W
Dec 3, 2007
Casper, Wyoming
retiredpop: Thank you so much for the information. I will pass it onto my son-in-law. He called me earlier this morning and told me that the primary clutch is wore out(imagine that). Looking for a clutch now that has electric start. Thank you again.

W
Dec 3, 2007
Casper, Wyoming
I’d be curious to see what it has in it first. A lot of those old sleds may already be dialed in by now by previous owners or have stuff in them we don’t know about. See my greasy Ultra triple thread on my experience and confusion with the jetting in it. Came with SLP high rpm pipes, SLP springs, who knows who made the weights, jetting that was way off from both Polaris and SLPs charts, weights heavier than recommended by them and who knows what else done to the engine (ported, aftermarket reeds maybe?) but it ran really tight, plugs burned perfectly at their elevation when I got it, and she rips with fresh springs in it. Whoever had this sled before the guy I bought it from had it dialed. If you see what it has in it first for clutching, jetting and look at the oem chart under the hood (or online manual) and it’s off from what the manual shows, I’d be cautious and try to figure out what’s been done to it. For jetting I’d probably change my jetting to what the oem chart shows but increase/decrease size based on what’s in there from the current chart variation. Similar with the clutching. If you can’t read the tag, some mothers aluminum polish on a cordless drill applicator pad took me about 30 seconds to clean up my nasty clutch cover enough to read the tags again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fosgate: Thank you for the info. I was pretty damn sure that there was a decal under the hood that gave you carb info etc. Damn, must be an older timer. Thank you again.

Premium Features