• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 XRS Ins.Total -Sell Whole or part Out?

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Son #2's sled, original owner
07 XRS 151
1400 Miles w/2 years of warranty left
Hit a rock with left front. Nun is toast, so is L a-arm, shock, ski, sway bar. Bulkhead looks bulged below PTO.

I don't want to repair this sled, son #1 and I are both on Dragons, want son #2 on a Dragon as well just for the interchangability. Is it worth more as whole or part it out.

Motor has been 100%, no issues
PTO clutch has been balanced and maintained each year
Add ons:
Boss Noss 30hp shot
Boss hirise flat top & original seat
HPS can
Marcuso running board extrusions
tunnel stiffeners
SLP skis - left is tweeked
Blue carbon fiber panels
factory gas jug
cover

Anyone in the know wanna share an opinion. Whats it worth whole? How far do you break it down if you part it out? Does the warranty transfer if I sold the motor only? I appreciated any comments. thanks. EW

Before

100_7107.jpg

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
Man, to replace the nun, reinforce the bulkhead where it was affected, can't be more than a weekend of work...I bet that shock is ok... take the spring off and roll the shock on a flat surface. Those a arms are tough too. are ya sure you bent it?? Put the ski in the bathtub...

I would say Parts X2 reduction.

S
Dec 1, 2007
BC
could always look for a cheap used nun and bulkhead and change 'er over, even so they are bad to change, just have a sharp drill bit. sled looks to be in good shape so i say fix 'er.

X

XXL

Jan 18, 2006
Wilsall, Montana
The motor would scare me if it is the original if there is no warranty, mine and a couple others I personally know of ran great motor-wise, right up to when the crank bearings went. No warning at all. I still have mine with a new motor courtesy BRP.

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Thanks for the responses so far guys. Fix it and keep/sell it is probably not an option for me right now if it has any kind of value. I would like find another Dragon and then spend our shop time doing turbos this summer.

I do own the sled free and clear as it sits. I have had several inquire as to how much As Is. So my question is how much would you ask for it based on the info provided?

As parts what would the following be worth?

Complete Motor
Rear Skid
Track
Case, gears, shafts, drivers
Bulkhead

Just trying to get an idea of what gets son #2 closer to a different sled. Thanks again. EW

H
Jan 10, 2002
PF, Idaho
Motor 2k+ complete
skid $500+
track depends on which it is. $250-400
case, gears, etc. price varies by demand. Around 250 for all. Middle of season brings more $.
bulkhead depends. Probably 200 to 500 depending on what goes with it.

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Motor 2k+ complete
skid $500+
track depends on which it is. $250-400
case, gears, etc. price varies by demand. Around 250 for all. Middle of season brings more $.
bulkhead depends. Probably 200 to 500 depending on what goes with it.

Thanks man I appreciate it. EW

Premium Features