• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding in the little belts--thread retired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
S

schmeric

Nov 28, 2007
How is the riding in the little belts west of helena. I went through there this summer and it looked like a nice place to ride. Are there good meadows, hillclimbs, and powder?

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
the new travel management plan closed half the trails, according to the paper, brc,little belters snowmo club and the meagher county snomo club, tsa and a couple other groups filed a lawsuit over the new plan saying it goes against the agreement between the groups and the usfs, and against public opinion, see what happens, i think there is more on brc website

S

schmeric

Nov 28, 2007
I was thinking about going out there this winter to ride but there is no place to stay. Why isnt there a small lodge or a few cabins up there to rent? Is there that few of people that go riding up there?

B

BlackSummit

Nov 27, 2007
Great Falls Montana
Places to stay

There are plenty of places to stay. White Sulpher Springs has several places. Probably a 20 mile drive to hit the trails. Bob's bar in Neihart has cabins or rooms also bar restaurant and hot tub. Cub's Den in Monarch also has a Motel with bar and restaurant.

F

fuzz

Jul 4, 2001
Great Falls,Montana
Schmeric, first of all where are you from and what do you ride? That will give me an idea of what you are looking for. (Love people with no profile)

Kings Hill has great all 'round riding. Nothing extreme but enough variety to keep you busy. Ask Smoothlander his opinion of the riding opportunities. (from someone not from here)
The majority of riders are from the Great Falls area which is an hours drive and there will be 100 riders on a given weekend day. Some of the "out-of-towners" will stay in Neihart or White Sulpher Springs but some also stay in Gt Falls.
There are a couple of places to rent at Forest Green ,which is in the middle of the area, if you have a large group or couple of families. PM me If you need any other particulars and I'd be glad to show you the area this winter.

Fuzz

kcarvobrien.jpg katpow.JPG wthrwax.jpg

Last edited:

RX1MountainMan

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Harlowton, MT
the new travel management plan closed half the trails, according to the paper, brc,little belters snowmo club and the meagher county snomo club, tsa and a couple other groups filed a lawsuit over the new plan saying it goes against the agreement between the groups and the usfs, and against public opinion, see what happens, i think there is more on brc website

All groups had agreed on a compromise, then the forest supervisor (791-7720) decided to go his own route. Give him a call and tell him what you think of that then do the same with Denny Rehberg, Max Baucus, Jon Tester, brian Shweitzer and your local state representative....oh yeah and remind them it is an election year!

B

BlackSummit

Nov 27, 2007
Great Falls Montana
I am in Lincoln and there was about 6 inches on the pass just a skiff here at the cabin. I am going to run up Copper creek and see what is in the bowls.

Givemeaboost

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT
I am in Lincoln and there was about 6 inches on the pass just a skiff here at the cabin. I am going to run up Copper creek and see what is in the bowls.

I wish I had your money to just run all over the place looking for snow that you can't ride on legally yet. Snotel showed that there was 5-6 inches at the bowls. Ken.

C

cabindwlr

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 11, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Hey Black Summit, I want to go to Lincoln and ride. Can you give me the locations of all of the private property you ride? I am thinking I will be able to get up there the week of Thanksgiving. Could you show me where to ride or take me for a tour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features