• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Great Day of riding and got to see the 08/09 Boondocker Turbo 800/700's

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
I had the most amazing ride yesterday!!!!

I'd like to give Prop's to Bruce at Kootenay Sled's and Wheels for Calling me to let me know that the Boondocker crew was going to be on the mountain with 2009 Tubo 6/7/800 Dragons!!!!

A Special Thanks to the Boondocker Crew who let me take out the 09 TRMK800 Pump Gas Kit (6-7psi) and let the rest of the Local's ride all of the sled's on some steep and challenging terrain.

It was hard to keep track of what they brought on the mountain...... Maybe somebody read this and corrects me if I made a mistake....

1 09 TRMK800 Pump Gas
1 09 TRMK700 Race/nitrous
1 08 TRMK800 Race Gas big Turbo/

At the Hill without tubo's were.....

1 08 XP800 Best In out area
1 08 Dragon 800 Dealer Set Up and Strong
1 05 RMK 900 with Diamond Drive Mod.
05/06/07 Rev's.... 06 Rev being the Best....

I wasn't sure if I was going to meet up with the Boondocker Crew or not because the local's had a ride that is only possible a couple months of the year planned and it was going to be a sunny day!!!!

Lucky for me the Boondocker crew showed up where we went and we got to put everything to a real Solid test on some Steep and Deep Powder!!!!!

I'll Post Some Video when I get some more time......

Last edited:
R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
Video

Well I managed to put a little something together and upload it finally.....

If you look really close in the video you may just see Homer Simpson.... LOL

Timeline is True to the Day.... We were leaving the Lake and Heard/Saw the Turbo Dragon's Coming.....

I figured this was a neat way to see what our sleds did on the Hill's, and then how the Turbo'd Sled's did on the Hill.....

When we were there first..... Only Guido's XP and My 05 RMK900 Mod could pull out.... I pulled it First.....

The 06 Rev didn't show up till later.... I think Jesse could have pulled it..... The 05 that keeps taking run's at it had ring failure that day so Alberto should have pulled it..... There should of been 4 marks out on the first go at the lake... But only 3.... 2 XP and Myslelf...... The 800 Dealer Dragon hadn't shown up yet either...

In the Video we get to see the Same Rider Kyle/Cheeky ride a 08 Dealer Set up SLP Dragon up..... While the 09 TRMK 800 does a small pull beside him seconds after he left.... Then Kyle ride's the 09TRMK800 Pump Gas Kit up a fairly fresh line.... And you also see Kyle riding the 08 TRMK800 with Big Turbo Race Gas Kit skii's to the Sky up a ridge line..... He's a bigger guy 6'plus 200#plus...... So this give's you a feel from Stock to Race Gas on a Dragon 800....

I decided to put a little music under the motor sound track to help eliminate some potty mouth in the background..... I've learned not to speak while recording.... But it's always nice to hear natural commentary...... and I wanted to ensure we could hear the motor's.....

Here is the link and one from about a week before only because it is the only one with Vid of my sled pulling the same hill for the Critic's who are saying an 05 900 Couldn't do that..... Hard to be in two place's at once...... You'lll actually hear me breathing hard in the First Clip becasue I had just came down from the fresh pull.... only to see Guido pulling it behind me...... I figured I could of put my clip in from the week before and nobody would know.... but me....!!!! The snow was lighter and less of a load to push the ride before.... beside's I almost bit off my tounge the week before going from lake to hill it's so steep..... and this week I knew better..... I'd take the other route this time.....

http://media.putfile.com/April-26th-2008-Ride-with-Boondocker-Turbos

:clock: if your bored.....

http://media.putfile.com/April-22nd-2008-Ride-slide-type-show

05 RMK 900 Mod Fresh Pull from lake a few day's before I mentioned for the Dinosaur 900 clan :p

http://media.putfile.com/Fresh-Line-for-Ride

:beer;

Last edited:
R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
Rideguy: Those videos rocked. I watched each one 3 times. Gets my adrenaline pumping just watching. Of course all I have are a bunch of parts in the garage for my 09. Song in 2nd vid. Who??
Thanks and keep em coming.

Bunch of parts in the garage for your 09.... Did you get a Turbo already??

The song in the Second Vid is the New Jack Johnson..... He has some awsome mellow tunes!!!

It got my blood pumping riding those suckers..... I wish race gas wasn't so expensive but for what that Pump gas kit does....... I think it's puts out excellent power for the Low Octane anybody will be putting into it...... I give Boondocker Credit for getting on their R&D For 2009.

:):beer;

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
ring, ring, ring.......Hey Eric its me your 'ol buddy Rideguy. I couldn't think of a better guy to bring along to see the new BD stuff. Just didn't want you to see all the Glory on a SW forum vid or anything, my conscience would never allow it. lol

Looks like you had a ball man. Good vid. I am behind the 8 ball prepping for a conference on Thursday. After that, nothing until snow is gone. I'll call ya Thursday afternoon/evening, whats your schedule, when's best. Talk ta ya soon.....Traitor, Lol EW

R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
ring, ring, ring.......Hey Eric its me your 'ol buddy Rideguy. I couldn't think of a better guy to bring along to see the new BD stuff. Just didn't want you to see all the Glory on a SW forum vid or anything, my conscience would never allow it. lol

Looks like you had a ball man. Good vid. I am behind the 8 ball prepping for a conference on Thursday. After that, nothing until snow is gone. I'll call ya Thursday afternoon/evening, whats your schedule, when's best. Talk ta ya soon.....Traitor, Lol EW

Sorry Fella... I had less than a day notice and you don't know what I had to do to show up...... Karma got me cause I'm sure my Stator went on the way out.... :rolleyes:

It was worth it though:face-icon-small-win

I won't be a bit surprised when you get one of these pump gas kit's for your Dragon........ Living in the States like you do, I'd be going for the Race Gas Version..... Wow!!!

I'm still rocking it on my Polaris.... Can't call me a Traitor quite yet :devil:

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Thats alright, I've sat through 4 baseball games, multiple college applications, 1 prom, and a day of forced yard work these past few weekends and I didn't invite you on any of the above. I guess we're even.

I'll be seeing ya soon. Give me a call when your not asleep or working, "Safety First". lol. EW

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Great Video's

Justin, very nice video's.

The sleds were impressive and your old 900 runs strong!

But besides the sleds the country is just plain awesome.

Ride safe

Thunder

D

dub

Mar 15, 2004
Moxee WA
Sweet vid's J. Glad to see the 900DD is still cutting the mustard:D

Next year my friend....:beer;:beer;:beer;

R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
Thunder... Ya know it's funny when you go out riding and come home and say that was the best day of the year every time you go out...... Life just doesn't get any better!!!

Dub..... I hope you fella's do come up next year.... I always enjoy seeing what kind of new tricked out ride's you fella's are coming up with!!!

The old 900 D.D. finally is clutched and makes it through the season on 1 belt no problem.... After a bunch of work and the new A/C 0046 belt she finally works like I hoped it would!!!!

I'm finding it hard to consider any of the new sleds unless it has a turbo because the O'l Poo just Keeps on Hanging with the New Iron...... God I love seeing the look on their face's when they find out it's an 05RMK900.... That alone is worth keeping her 4 ever....

Not to mention she's my First and for what used sled's are going for these day's.... This sled will be my Backup for years to come when I finally get another...

:):beer;

S

SafetyBob

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 13, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
Thanks

Thanks for the vids , they are awesome! Nice to see the guys hard at work. :face-icon-small-win As for the one who went off the cliff, that would be Jared, he is ok. Thanks again, Boondockers:)

R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
Thanks for the vids , they are awesome! Nice to see the guys hard at work. :face-icon-small-win As for the one who went off the cliff, that would be Jared, he is ok. Thanks again, Boondockers:)

I'm Glad Jared is O.K. When I went over to ask him if he was O.K. He seemed good but a little off..... I guess after a 40ft free fall and almost being Pile Driven by the Sled would do it to a guy:eek:

All I got was Jared's sled coming down because I was scrambling to get the camera out.... All I can say is that he did Everything he could to keep that sled in One Piece!!!!! The result could of been alot worse!!!!!

:D

C
Apr 9, 2008
Castlegar, BC
Hey Justin

I must have just missed you guys up there. It's Jay, I saw you up at Rover with my kid and "our" new 07 REV. Took him up again on Saturday and watched (listened) to the boondocker sleds givin' er, but you must have already been back towards russell. Nice to hear that the 9 is pulling good for you after all you have been through... payback!

I'm headed back up tommorow, so drop me a line if you got the time....

Last edited:
R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
Hey Justin

I must have just missed you guys up there. It's Jay, I saw you up at Rover with my kid and "our" new 07 REV. Took him up again on Saturday and watched (listened) to the boondocker sleds givin' er, but you must have already been back towards russell. Nice to hear that the 9 is pulling good for you after all you have been through... payback!

I'm headed back up tommorow, so drop me a line (399 6622) if you got the time....

Jay

You and your wee lad are styling on the Rev!!! He's going to be hooked at a young age.... But atleast you'll always have somebody to ride with...... I'm waiting on a Stator.... Guess I was pushing it riding without a hood.....It was 4 years old and probably on it's way out any way......So I may be dealing with down time this weekend Dang it..... Time to fine tune the swing and play some goof.... I mean Golf.... I mean drink Beer.......

:rolleyes::beer;

K
Dec 11, 2007
hey rideguy when's the new stator come in??,i went up red mtn again on saterday,$55 of fule and about 15 minutes of ride the old 700,pullin like a mother ***ger like always till the motor packed in!,dam... i think it blew the rings went cuzz the primary turns forward half turn and about half turn back so...hoprfully rings and pistons!!

PS,nices vids and pics,my red pics and vids are on facebook,some sick chutes and jumps!!!

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
Nice clips, I like to see the differences in all the sleds, we need more guys to do that sort of thing. Quite a difference between the pump gas and the race gas 800's.

C
Apr 9, 2008
Castlegar, BC
Sleddin' Red

Hey Stomper... What are the rules around sledding Red? Do you have to talk to someone first or is it just a free for all? I skied there all winter and thought it would be fun to go check it out...
Thanks, Jay

Premium Features