• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys BD Sidekick Update

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I have 400 miles on my sled and its been ripping this year. Only issue I have had was a cracked airbox but Boondocker sent me one overnight which was awesome. Blew a belt the other day at 400 miles. I have to say though other then the airbox this sled has been pull and go and is so much fun to ride. I added the switch from boondocker that you can turn up the boost 2lbs and its a riot! Just thought I'd give a little update on the sled and that I am 100% happy with my purchase. I will give another update when the season is over.

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
More info on the switch please.

Good to hear. I really am wishing I would have opted out of the warranty because I've caught the turbo bug...

They basically have a plug in switch that after you flip it up it turns the boost up 2 lbs put it back down and you go back to normal.

Yeah I wish I wouldn't have paid for the warranty I had no intention of getting a turbo this year but it happened.

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
Chris thanks for the report. I've talked to a few guys that say you have to spend $1500 more over the kits base price to make it run right . Any truth to this.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
does the switch affect only boost ?
if so you just gotta make sure you have enough octane
or are up enough in elv. ?
thanks

ps thanks for the report

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
So that switch isn't like a push to pass button? It gives u a extra 2lbs until u flip it down?

Chris thanks for the report. I've talked to a few guys that say you have to spend $1500 more over the kits base price to make it run right . Any truth to this.

does the switch affect only boost ?
if so you just gotta make sure you have enough octane
or are up enough in elv. ?
thanks

ps thanks for the report

That is correct when the switch is up its at 2lbs more not like a push to pass. I'll take a picture of it this week.

I haven't spent anymore money on my kit other then the $30 switch. It has ran perfect and I personally think for the type of riding I do it has plenty of power and then some to get me into some hairy situations!

Switch only affects boost. I always run 1.5-2 gallons of race every time I go just for my peace of mind. I ride at 6-9800 ft.

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
Clutching....? Aren't you over-revving without adjustments

Last edited:

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
But when you flip that switch back down you should be dropping around 300 rpm on top give or take otherwise there just no way your adding 2#'s

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Whatever it's adding you can notice the difference. Everyone can speculate what's going on or why it's not doing certain things all I'm saying is I'm super happy with this kit and would highly recommend it!

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
I'll vouch for the switch. There's a pretty large difference between switch and no switch. I just installed the switch last week. HOLY COW BATMAN!! Amazing. I don't who said you have to spend an extra 1500 on top to get the kit to run right. Mine has been flawless since day one. I've touched nothing. And yes, rpms raised when switch was on. I'm running 2 gallons of 110 with switch on. About 8600 rpms. Keep in mind the 800 HO motor in the axys stock runs a tad higher rpms than the old motor. This sled and sidekick is TRUE pull and go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I'll vouch for the switch. There's a pretty large difference between switch and no switch. I just installed the switch last week. HOLY COW BATMAN!! Amazing. I don't who said you have to spend an extra 1500 on top to get the kit to run right. Mine has been flawless since day one. I've touched nothing. And yes, rpms raised when switch was on. I'm running 2 gallons of 110 with switch on. About 8600 rpms. Keep in mind the 800 HO motor in the axys stock runs a tad higher rpms than the old motor. This sled and sidekick is TRUE pull and go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The rev Limit is higher but the recommended RPM is still 8250 +- 100. Anybody have access to dyne jims website to see what RPM power drops off at?

Premium Features