• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wyoming Trails in Google Earth

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Nice!

To satisfy my curiosity, where did you snag these from? I have been looking for about three years for a "clean" trail map without all the text boxes and other crap....

ejf50

Lifetime Membership
Mar 6, 2008
So can someone help me out and tell me what the best way is to get this on my phone so could use it like a gps while riding?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ejf50

Lifetime Membership
Mar 6, 2008
I use a samsung galaxy s3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

M

MtnOyster

Jan 19, 2012
Northeast Nebraska
There was a file on here a while back that someone put together that showed some of the popular landmarks as well (Widowmaker, 7 Fools, etc.). I had it on my old computer before it crashed and no longer have it. If someone has that, that would be a nice addition to this file.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
There was a file on here a while back that someone put together that showed some of the popular landmarks as well (Widowmaker, 7 Fools, etc.). I had it on my old computer before it crashed and no longer have it. If someone has that, that would be a nice addition to this file.

I will send when I get to my home PC this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcriderm8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2010
n/c Iowa
There are man apps in Android that will do the job. I use Locus Free.

Does this work without a network connection? Trying it right now and it seems to but it wont let me import this map. The file shows up but it's gray like it's unavailable or something. You have this map on the app?

D
Nov 26, 2007
Gillette, Wy
To use it without a network connection, you will have to cache a map. It sounds like you don't have a map set for a background. Tap the little map icon, then 'online' to pick a map when you have a connection. When that layer is expanded, there are three little squares on the right for a drop down. Find 'Download' there to cache that particular layer. You should also install the Locus map tweak so you can get Google's layers. The USGS maps might be in the tweak as well.

To turn on the imported layer, tap the little icon with a line and like text boxes. It will show up as a track under whatever you saved it as when you imported it. They might be turned off by default.

Last edited:

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Sorry guys will not be able to upload the file until I get back out to the mtns as my GPS is with my sled. Got a new laptop and can't find the darn file.

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
That was a great find. Got it on Google Earth on my Droid! SAWEEEET...

skibumsd

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2008
Download avenza maps its available for droid and iphone. You can download any map and save it to your phone and access it without cell service. If your phone has a gps you can pull up the map plot tracks measure distances and more. Its a free program. What i usually do is go to the usfs site of where we are going to ride and download there topo off trail maps or whatever forest service map that has all the roads and 2 tracks on it. I have garmin rhino 650's and to be honest use the avenza on my iphone more.

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
How about putting this type of file on a Garmin Monterra?

Premium Features