Upper over structure steering post support fix. - SnoWest Snowmobile Forum
FORUMS NEWS SNOWEST PERFORMANCE TRAVEL PHOTO VIDEO SUBSCRIBE

New Thread

Go Back   SnoWest Snowmobile Forum > Performance & Modifcations > Polaris > Polaris: Pro-Ride

SnoWest
Register Forums New Posts Classifieds Garages

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: Pro-Ride 2010 and up, all models in the Pro-Ride chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 07:04 PM
Currently: Waiting for snow

hdfxst04 has a reputation beyond reputehdfxst04 has a reputation beyond reputehdfxst04 has a reputation beyond reputehdfxst04 has a reputation beyond reputehdfxst04 has a reputation beyond reputehdfxst04 has a reputation beyond reputehdfxst04 has a reputation beyond reputehdfxst04 has a reputation beyond reputehdfxst04 has a reputation beyond reputehdfxst04 has a reputation beyond reputehdfxst04 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Upper over structure steering post support fix.

I was looking through this forum and couldn't find anybody that has attempted to fix a broken out upper support. This is on a 2012 switchback assault of my buddies. They are 450 new. He broke out the bottom where the steering post stops are. I ended up adding the lords adhesive 406 from mcmaster carr to the aluminum I fit in. Bolts were run through post plastic clamps and through aluminum plate. On left side tab was welded it to stop post stop from flexing out aluminum. This tab has Lords added to bond it to the over structure. We have been garage riding and it is very solid. I do not want this to turn in a polaris quality bashing thread. He abuses his equipment and this happened. This forum is supposted to be about fixes and information.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp assault.bmp (71.2 KB, 109 views)