2013 Front (Ski) Shock Length - SnoWest Snowmobile Forum
For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

New Thread

Go Back   SnoWest Snowmobile Forum > Performance & Modifications > Polaris > Polaris: Pro-Ride

SnoWest
Register Forums New Posts Classifieds Garages

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: Pro-Ride 2010 and up, all models in the Pro-Ride chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Currently: Not set.

Jeff95 has a reputation beyond reputeJeff95 has a reputation beyond reputeJeff95 has a reputation beyond reputeJeff95 has a reputation beyond reputeJeff95 has a reputation beyond reputeJeff95 has a reputation beyond reputeJeff95 has a reputation beyond reputeJeff95 has a reputation beyond reputeJeff95 has a reputation beyond reputeJeff95 has a reputation beyond reputeJeff95 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2013 Front (Ski) Shock Length

Anyone get to measure the 2013 Pro Front (Ski) Shock extended Length?
I just got Fox Evol R for my 09 dragon and hope they fit on the 13 pro.
I thought I read that the 13 where shorter than the 12. So my new foxz's are 17" C/C extended.

Thanks

Jeff
Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Currently: Building sleds lighter

ak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond repute

The 12s are 17.5 so you should be good.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:37 PM

racerjb has a reputation beyond reputeracerjb has a reputation beyond reputeracerjb has a reputation beyond reputeracerjb has a reputation beyond reputeracerjb has a reputation beyond reputeracerjb has a reputation beyond reputeracerjb has a reputation beyond reputeracerjb has a reputation beyond reputeracerjb has a reputation beyond reputeracerjb has a reputation beyond reputeracerjb has a reputation beyond repute

I read somewhere that they might have changed from the 2012 to the 2013. Not sure if it was just the mounting location on the new arms or a shock change length. It looks like Carls Cycle has one at their shop so maybe they could let us know.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Currently: Taking all the blessings in life... both the easy and the more challenging to understand

Thanked 6,412 Times in 2,705 Posts
mountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond repute

The new 2013 Pro RMK shock is almost an inch shorter than the 11/12' Pro.

2013 PRO RMK is 16.63" extended (Center to Center length)

2011/12 PRO RMK is 17.50" extended

A Dragon/IQ is 17.20" extended.

Some of this is because of the new design lower a-arm on the 13 which has a higher mounting point on the a-arm for the lower shock eye... I think that the 13 also dropped the ride height in the front a bit... which may account for some improved handling character of the sled.. but I have no solid info on that.

I'm not sure on the Standard RMK... that info is not available yet.

Your Foxes for the Dragon would fit... but would raise the ride height..plus you would need to enlarge the holes in the shock reducer bushings to 10mm.

You could send them into a good fox shop and get them shimmed to reduce the extended length... but that would also reduce the total travel... The PRO RMK evol R's also have a different valving package.

FOR SALE:
SUPER CHEAP PRICE: BOYESEN RAGE CAGE TURBO REED/BLOCKS
BRAND NEW IN BOX FOR IQ-RMK/DRAGON
CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

"Many times a day I realize how much my own outer and inner life is built upon the labors of my fellow men, both living and dead and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I have received" Albert Einstein

Last edited by mountainhorse; 03-03-2012 at 09:31 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mountainhorse For This Useful Post:
diamonddave (03-04-2012), racerjb (03-04-2012), vermilion (03-07-2013)
Old 03-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Currently: Waiting for snow...

B2 has a reputation beyond reputeB2 has a reputation beyond reputeB2 has a reputation beyond reputeB2 has a reputation beyond reputeB2 has a reputation beyond reputeB2 has a reputation beyond reputeB2 has a reputation beyond reputeB2 has a reputation beyond reputeB2 has a reputation beyond reputeB2 has a reputation beyond reputeB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2012 A-arms on 2013?

MH, are the inner mounting locations the same on a 2013? I see the swaybar mount is different, but if I have a set of aftermarket a-arms on a 2012, would they fit on the 2013, mount up with the swaybar and be able to keep/use the high end shocks I have on my 2012?

Last edited by B2; 03-04-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Currently: Taking all the blessings in life... both the easy and the more challenging to understand

mountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.. Your entire front end from the 2012 will swap over to the 2013... including A-arms and shocks.

Pics of the two front ends... 2012 first

Notice that the 2013 lower is mounted inboard and higher with the aluminum end forging.

FOR SALE:

"Many times a day I realize how much my own outer and inner life is built upon the labors of my fellow men, both living and dead and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I have received" Albert Einstein

Last edited by mountainhorse; 03-04-2012 at 02:16 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mountainhorse For This Useful Post:
B2 (03-04-2012)
Old 03-04-2012, 05:02 PM

Jeff95 has a reputation beyond reputeJeff95 has a reputation beyond reputeJeff95 has a reputation beyond reputeJeff95 has a reputation beyond reputeJeff95 has a reputation beyond reputeJeff95 has a reputation beyond reputeJeff95 has a reputation beyond reputeJeff95 has a reputation beyond reputeJeff95 has a reputation beyond reputeJeff95 has a reputation beyond reputeJeff95 has a reputation beyond repute

After looking at the 2013 swaybar mount. Is that mount glued to the arm? Is the glue really that strong?

Do you think the valving would be worth changing?
I know my dealing with Fox with my mountain bikes have been really good. So maybe I could send them in to get revalved if its not to much money!

I'm still liking my dragon. But have to say my last ride out I was with two guys on 2012 pro's. We where in 3-4' freash snow and early in the day I had no problem going and staying with them. But later in the day after it warmed up my dragon was pushing more snow and trentching (Getting Stuck). The pro's got right up on top and tractored circle around me!!

Jeff
Old 03-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Currently: In the steep and deep!

t stone has a reputation beyond reputet stone has a reputation beyond reputet stone has a reputation beyond reputet stone has a reputation beyond reputet stone has a reputation beyond reputet stone has a reputation beyond reputet stone has a reputation beyond reputet stone has a reputation beyond reputet stone has a reputation beyond reputet stone has a reputation beyond reputet stone has a reputation beyond repute

Ya and then he T Boned his buddy. LOL, ouch!

Stone
Old 03-04-2012, 09:25 PM

Just noticed... the 2013 has jounce bumpers on the Ski Shocks...

And the lower shock-rod-eye is shorter/smaller..........Hmm

FOR SALE:

Last edited by mountainhorse; 03-04-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:20 PM

Maybe the shorter bottom shock mount arm is how they made them shorter?

Jeff
Old 03-05-2012, 02:43 PM

FCR112 has a reputation beyond reputeFCR112 has a reputation beyond reputeFCR112 has a reputation beyond reputeFCR112 has a reputation beyond reputeFCR112 has a reputation beyond reputeFCR112 has a reputation beyond reputeFCR112 has a reputation beyond reputeFCR112 has a reputation beyond reputeFCR112 has a reputation beyond reputeFCR112 has a reputation beyond reputeFCR112 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff95 View Post
Maybe the shorter bottom shock mount arm is how they made them shorter?

Jeff
That looks exactly right to me.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:25 PM

800poodragon has a reputation beyond repute800poodragon has a reputation beyond repute800poodragon has a reputation beyond repute800poodragon has a reputation beyond repute800poodragon has a reputation beyond repute800poodragon has a reputation beyond repute800poodragon has a reputation beyond repute800poodragon has a reputation beyond repute800poodragon has a reputation beyond repute800poodragon has a reputation beyond repute800poodragon has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Going to be interesting to see how well these new lower a arms hold up to the rocks and trees compared to the ones now. Will they fold up/damage as easy? How much more expensive to replace?
Old 03-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Basic Member

Reg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond reputeReg2view has a reputation beyond repute

Polaris makes a great lower a-arm kit for the 11/12's, can be had for $178 per side, at least that's what I paid. Now, ask me how I know...

My hunch is the new 13's are going to be abit more to rock/wreck.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:21 PM

FCR112 has a reputation beyond reputeFCR112 has a reputation beyond reputeFCR112 has a reputation beyond reputeFCR112 has a reputation beyond reputeFCR112 has a reputation beyond reputeFCR112 has a reputation beyond reputeFCR112 has a reputation beyond reputeFCR112 has a reputation beyond reputeFCR112 has a reputation beyond reputeFCR112 has a reputation beyond reputeFCR112 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg2view View Post
Polaris makes a great lower a-arm kit for the 11/12's, can be had for $178 per side, at least that's what I paid. Now, ask me how I know...

My hunch is the new 13's are going to be abit more to rock/wreck.
OK nibble nibble... Does this kit include the '13 lower A arms and whatever it takes to make the 11-12 shocks fit the new lowers arms? And the real question will be whether the new lowers will be strong enough to make people stop buying the others due to the superior strength and lighter weight of some of those available via the aftermarket offerings?

Last edited by FCR112; 03-05-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 800poodragon View Post
Going to be interesting to see how well these new lower a arms hold up to the rocks and trees compared to the ones now. Will they fold up/damage as easy? How much more expensive to replace?
I tagged a tree and stump on the 13 and did not notice any damage... They held up well.

As far as expense... IMO... they are easier to build and cut down on weld/finish time... the end forging once the cost is spread over the entire production run... IMO... other than the "bling" and light weight... they would not be too much more costly to make than the previous models... My guess is less than $40 per arm more.

FOR SALE:

The Following User Says Thank You to mountainhorse For This Useful Post:
800poodragon (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Currently: Doing a snow dance!

AKRMK25 has a reputation beyond reputeAKRMK25 has a reputation beyond reputeAKRMK25 has a reputation beyond reputeAKRMK25 has a reputation beyond reputeAKRMK25 has a reputation beyond reputeAKRMK25 has a reputation beyond reputeAKRMK25 has a reputation beyond reputeAKRMK25 has a reputation beyond reputeAKRMK25 has a reputation beyond reputeAKRMK25 has a reputation beyond reputeAKRMK25 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Piggy Back WE on the 13 Pro

I was hoping that the assault was going to get the belt drive so I could get the piggy back shocks and the belt drive. No such luck. Now I'm trying to figure out if the assault shocks will fit on the standard Pro so I can have the best of both worlds. Anybody know if they will cross over?
Old 03-06-2012, 10:57 AM

Come on guys!
What gets bent on the lower arms? The back tube is what gets bent on mine. Now tell me why the new design will prevent the back tube from bending? If anything I think by removing the cross piece that the swaybar use to connect to will make them weaker.
The new design has to be cheaper to build. So, if the new design is to provide a less exspense a-arm than thats good. So the replacement price will tell all. Plus they should offer replacement tubes.
Has anyone looked at the new Pro-climb lower a-arms. They are a very simple design and 45% cheaper to replace than the pro's. (Babitts $104 to $185).

Jeff
Old 03-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Basic Member

vermilion is an unknown quantity at this point

Mountain horse, I just bought a pair of fox shocks and they came with 10 mm reducers. Will these fit the 600 pro rmk, or will I need 3/8 reducers? I seem to recall polaris usually uses 3/8, but maybe they changed to 10 mm?

Thanks!

Jon
Old 03-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Currently: Building sleds lighter

ak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond reputeak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermilion View Post
Mountain horse, I just bought a pair of fox shocks and they came with 10 mm reducers. Will these fit the 600 pro rmk, or will I need 3/8 reducers? I seem to recall polaris usually uses 3/8, but maybe they changed to 10 mm?

Thanks!

Jon
Depends on the year? 2012 pros use a 10 mm on the top and bottom of the front shock.

2013 use a 10 mm on top and a 8 mm on the bottom of the front shock. Except the assult model I think it still uses the 2012 style.
The Following User Says Thank You to ak For This Useful Post:
vermilion (03-08-2013)