For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

New Thread

Go Back   SnoWest Snowmobile Forum > Performance & Modifications > Yamaha

SnoWest
Register Forums New Posts Classifieds Garages

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 08:21 PM
Currently: Modding sleds for the winter to come.

sledheadd has a reputation beyond reputesledheadd has a reputation beyond reputesledheadd has a reputation beyond reputesledheadd has a reputation beyond reputesledheadd has a reputation beyond reputesledheadd has a reputation beyond reputesledheadd has a reputation beyond reputesledheadd has a reputation beyond reputesledheadd has a reputation beyond reputesledheadd has a reputation beyond reputesledheadd has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default Error -1 code Nytro

I'm getting this code er-1 but my sled still runs perfect. I know it,s an ecu comm problem. I was told that the sled should not run with this code.
Anyone have any insight or anything .
I'm going to check all connections and go from there.

Sled has not been rode this year so I doubt that it is moisture.
13pro rmk162"CE2.5" 13.6 head pcv Dynoport pipe ypipe Mbrp can,extreme vents,MDS, airframes, WRP seat c3 beltdrive 8"led light 7"powder hounds, stage5 elka shocks,alt impact a arms- 162"CE2.5" T-nytro mcx, full mod only the plastic is stock.
Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Currently: Not set.

MRFUSION has a reputation beyond reputeMRFUSION has a reputation beyond reputeMRFUSION has a reputation beyond reputeMRFUSION has a reputation beyond reputeMRFUSION has a reputation beyond reputeMRFUSION has a reputation beyond reputeMRFUSION has a reputation beyond reputeMRFUSION has a reputation beyond reputeMRFUSION has a reputation beyond reputeMRFUSION has a reputation beyond reputeMRFUSION has a reputation beyond repute

Sound crazy but I have had a couple of customers with this and the battery had internally failed, for $hits and giggles try a different battery, this fixed both units that we had. Shad
Old 03-30-2011, 11:50 PM

sledheadd has a reputation beyond reputesledheadd has a reputation beyond reputesledheadd has a reputation beyond reputesledheadd has a reputation beyond reputesledheadd has a reputation beyond reputesledheadd has a reputation beyond reputesledheadd has a reputation beyond reputesledheadd has a reputation beyond reputesledheadd has a reputation beyond reputesledheadd has a reputation beyond reputesledheadd has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Thanks Shad I will try that.
I was going to call you in the morning to rack your brain. haha
13pro rmk162"CE2.5" 13.6 head pcv Dynoport pipe ypipe Mbrp can,extreme vents,MDS, airframes, WRP seat c3 beltdrive 8"led light 7"powder hounds, stage5 elka shocks,alt impact a arms- 162"CE2.5" T-nytro mcx, full mod only the plastic is stock.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:38 PM

Garage

I tried a new battery with same results. I have checked every connection and relay twice and cleaned them with electrical cleaner and put dielectric grease on .
Any ideas on what to check out next?
I even went for a 20 min blast today with no problems. sled run flawless builds boost and never missed a beat except for the er-1 code flashing constantly.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by sledheadd; 03-31-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:06 AM

Garage

Could my display have taken a dump or gone bad? I really don't know what else to check. It has to be something simple or something that I am overlooking.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:15 AM

Garage

Could a wire that has worn through its insulation on the main wiring harness cause something like this?
That is the only thing left to check I'd hate to tear into it to find nothing arghhhhhh.......
I want to get a few more rides in this year, this is frustrating to say the least.
I might just have to pay someone to work on my sled, damn i hate that.

Last edited by sledheadd; 04-01-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:14 PM

Garage

Got it all figured out now.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Currently: Bring on the POW!! and dont be shy!!!

Thistledoo has a reputation beyond reputeThistledoo has a reputation beyond reputeThistledoo has a reputation beyond reputeThistledoo has a reputation beyond reputeThistledoo has a reputation beyond reputeThistledoo has a reputation beyond reputeThistledoo has a reputation beyond reputeThistledoo has a reputation beyond reputeThistledoo has a reputation beyond reputeThistledoo has a reputation beyond reputeThistledoo has a reputation beyond repute

and it was??
Old 04-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Currently: Engines without turbo sucks!

TBird has a reputation beyond reputeTBird has a reputation beyond reputeTBird has a reputation beyond reputeTBird has a reputation beyond reputeTBird has a reputation beyond reputeTBird has a reputation beyond reputeTBird has a reputation beyond reputeTBird has a reputation beyond reputeTBird has a reputation beyond reputeTBird has a reputation beyond reputeTBird has a reputation beyond repute

Moisture maybe? - http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/s...d.php?t=257775
sold: Yamaha Apex MTX MCX
http://tbird.pixbox.se
http://www.youtube.com/user/TBird1000
Old 04-03-2011, 02:03 PM

Garage

It turned out to be a resistance problem in the wiring.
I was in a hurry putting my sled together the night before a trip. I was installing a dash vent kit and had to cut the plug to pass it through the hole in the vent. Being in a hurry and not having my solder iron with me I used connectors to wire the display. This caused enough resistance to cause the er-1 code.