Air Bleeding - SnoWest Snowmobile Forum
FORUMS NEWS SNOWEST PERFORMANCE TRAVEL PHOTO VIDEO SUBSCRIBE

New Thread

Go Back   SnoWest Snowmobile Forum > Performance & Modifcations > Polaris > Polaris: 900

SnoWest
Register Forums New Posts Classifieds Garages

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: 900 05-06 Polaris RMK 900

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Currently: Indian Snow Dance Time
Basic Member

letsgosleddin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Air Bleeding

I am about to put my oil tank back in and hook up fuel lines..My question is do I have to do anything to my fuel lines before I try and start it and how do I bleed the air out of oil line before I start it.

Oh and still curious if I can turn my track around and run it in the opposite direction..
Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Currently: Can't wait to move to AK in march '14!!! Stoooked

Thanked 1,189 Times in 849 Posts
guidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond reputeguidoxpress has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgosleddin View Post
I am about to put my oil tank back in and hook up fuel lines..My question is do I have to do anything to my fuel lines before I try and start it and how do I bleed the air out of oil line before I start it.

Oh and still curious if I can turn my track around and run it in the opposite direction..
1. you can prime your fuel lines and pump, but if ou dont know how just pull it over a few times to charge the capacitor and it will self prime, but may take a few pulls..

2. YES you need to bleed your oil line...did you crack the bleed screw on the front of the pump? you should...let the air bubbles come out there, AND i also wrap a piece of stiff wire on the pump lever and route it to the clutch area...when the sled starts, pull the wire and it will engage the oil pump to max and bleed the air that was as well....only let the sled idle when you do this, and do it for around 20 seconds...it will smoke cause your buring more oil but always safe...then after its bleed un hook the wire and your good...

you can also add 16oz of oil to your fuel tank of gas to ensure the air is all out when your riding...

3. if you messed with your coolant at all, make sure you bleed that as well with the front of the sled up high and crack the thermostat bleeder for a while off an don..

4. as for the track going backwards..i would say its no good...would defeat the purpose of the rotational design and ability to hook up

06 RMK 900 Turbo
05 RMK 975 BigBore
05 RMK 900 Nitrous
Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guidoxpress For This Useful Post:
letsgosleddin (12-13-2010), sw (12-14-2010)
Old 12-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Currently: Indian Snow Dance Time
Basic Member

letsgosleddin is an unknown quantity at this point