• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 m7 not running right. Exhaust can??

M
Nov 29, 2007
Goodrich, ND
So...late last season it felt like my dads m7 was loading up on fuel when hitting 6600+ RPMS. This sled had an HPS can on it at the time, and when we switched the can back to stock, it ran perfect. Why at that time...after 2000+ miles of riding with an HPS can did it start running chitty? The HPS also runs great on my m7 which it is currently still on. Now, at the beginning of the season we bought a new Super Q for it. It ran great at first, but now seems to be doing the same thing again. It seems to be much worse when at lower elevations. What is causing this? Thanks guys..sorry for such a long post.

D
Oct 26, 2009
Morris,MN
So...late last season it felt like my dads m7 was loading up on fuel when hitting 6600+ RPMS. This sled had an HPS can on it at the time, and when we switched the can back to stock, it ran perfect. Why at that time...after 2000+ miles of riding with an HPS can did it start running chitty? The HPS also runs great on my m7 which it is currently still on. Now, at the beginning of the season we bought a new Super Q for it. It ran great at first, but now seems to be doing the same thing again. It seems to be much worse when at lower elevations. What is causing this? Thanks guys..sorry for such a long post.

I also have an 05' M7 with an MBRP can that was loading up at that RPM's so i asked around and I found out that that the M's run with to much fuel pressure so i went on ebay and found a fuel pressure regulator than you put on the main fuel line and that cured it for me. hope it helps!

freddy

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
X2 - on the fuel pressure. Get yourself an adjustable regulator with guage - set your fuel pressure to 40 PSI or just under and your bog will be gone.
We have two M7's and this was the cure for both. They both run great now.

M
Nov 29, 2007
Goodrich, ND
Thanks for the replies guys..I'll try this. I'm just not quite sold that its a fuel pressure issue when it runs perfect with stock can. Put the stock can back on it today and it runs perfect. It isn't a bog at all really, it just loads up on fuel something terrible above 6600 with a can..stock exhaust runs perfect. I'll try the fuel pressure thing and go from there..but shouldn't the injector perfector take care of that if this is an issue of running to much fuel pressure?

freddy

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Our two ran fine with the stock can as well -but as soon as you put the aftermarket can on - you get the bog - or load up as you say.
It's instant - set your fuel pressure down - the bog will be gone.

Premium Features