• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bog over 6000 rpm on a sdi 1000

D
Mar 24, 2008
Idaho
Ok I've got a 05 1000. Just rebuilt. It has a boondocker box on it. It pulls really strong up until 6000 then it just bogs out. The check engine light is blinking. Wondering if there is a sensor or something? I took the air box out and put uni filters in it.

Any suggestions??

thanks

B

blacksnow

Jan 3, 2009
everett, WA
relays, fuel pump, injectors. there's tons of potential problems. i would suggest hopping over to dootalk.com and searching the rev-mountain forum. there's years of problems and answers if you search.

F
Dec 3, 2007
Blacksnow is right except look in the mach z section. A lot of flatlanders figured the 1000 out in the z. Most if not all the good info came from a handful of people there. A lot of folks act like they know a lot about them but have just read a lot and dont credit the source. Whose advice would you trust some guy who has a summit with 1500 miles or a mach z guy with 7000 miles and have and lots of wrench turning on their sleds. Mach z's are almost identical motor wise and Bluemax on dootalk has posted tons of useful info.

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
too far from mountains Alberta Canada
I have the same sled and had the same problem. It was low voltage on battery that caused my problem.(secondary injectors were not firing) You need 12 volts of better. I have found that after about 2 years the battery should be replaced.

B

blacksnow

Jan 3, 2009
everett, WA
Blacksnow is right except look in the mach z section. A lot of flatlanders figured the 1000 out in the z. Most if not all the good info came from a handful of people there. A lot of folks act like they know a lot about them but have just read a lot and dont credit the source. Whose advice would you trust some guy who has a summit with 1500 miles or a mach z guy with 7000 miles and have and lots of wrench turning on their sleds. Mach z's are almost identical motor wise and Bluemax on dootalk has posted tons of useful info.

right on the money about the mach z forum for the most thorough info!!!

B
Jul 21, 2001
Regina, Canada
Ya, the Rev-mountain is mostly 800cc now. The MachZ forum is mostly 1000, I'm spending more and more time there,,, I consider it the "995 SDI forum",,, Easy to check ERAVE, I'd start there, then battery (it's easy but I kinda doubt it once you're running, you should have lots or voltage, but I don't know?? never had a battery prob once running), then bypass or remove the booney,,, Could be fuel pressure too,

Last edited:
B
Nov 26, 2007
relays, don't forget the relays. should be replaced every year

At $30 bucks a pop from doo I wouldn't change them until they blow. Get a spare and keep it with you. I only ever had one go on my 05. Take the doo relay to any parts house and match it up. They are $10 bucks or less there.

Worlock has a great post on doo talk about rave valve adjustment. Its pretty easy to do and if you make a mark you can tell when its out of adjustment.

-BD1

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
then battery (it's easy but I kinda doubt it once you're running, you should have lots or voltage, but I don't know?? never had a battery prob once running), then bypass or remove the booney,,, Could be fuel pressure too,

I had a good battery--all sorts of issues--turned out to be the voltage regulator--cured my running issues that I had.

Did it do this before the Boonie box? I had the same issue when I put a box on my 05 1000--lights came on and just did not feel or run where it should--a quick disconnect of the box--and she ran great.

H20SKE...

B
Oct 28, 2008
I know this tread is a little old and I would hope you are all back up and running
but let me ask you this, was these air filters the problem, cause I am unsure how this fuel injection system would run well with out the air flow meter? Unless some figured how to take it out of the equation safely. :confused:
If someone knows I would like to know cause the stock airbox eats alot of belt dust on these thing and would even change mine if it is possable

O
Nov 27, 2007
Kamloops
Ok I've got a 05 1000. Just rebuilt. It has a boondocker box on it. It pulls really strong up until 6000 then it just bogs out. The check engine light is blinking. Wondering if there is a sensor or something? I took the air box out and put uni filters in it.

Any suggestions??

thanks
I just replied to your other post then saw this, mine was doing the same thing, I unhooked the boondocker to injectors and put it back to stock it runs great now. I had a bad connection or something with the boondocker box, it cooked two mag pistons + cylinder before I figured it out. :face-icon-small-fro
Try it I guess and see if it cleans it out, could be your problem.......

Premium Features