• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HOW TO PRIME THE FUEL PUMP ON POLARIS CFi

R

rideh2o

Oct 16, 2001
Polson, Montana
Molex plug from Tower Hobbies incorrect part # !

I ordered two packages of the molex connectors that Mountanhorse listed above from Tower Hobbies.

That connector is way too small!

I guess I have extra connectors :eek:

RideH2o

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
rideh2o,

That connector is way too small!

Too small for what??

If you were expecting it to plug into the factory harness... no it will NOT plug into it.

Probably my bad for not being clear on that

Get a couple of the charging plugs too.. One to splice into your sled... the other to charge the pack with a 1 amp or less trickle charger..

The connectors were listed to plug into the battery pack listed in the post, not into the harness. This keeps you from needing to cut the connector off of the end of the pack.

You would have to splice the Tower Hobbies connector into the factory harness so that you can plug the battery pack into the harness.

Splicing so that the factory plug is still intact and functional for dealer service if needed.

If you are looking for the mating plug for the facory pump prime plug, I have no idea where to find that. I've seen other similar plugs, but none that match exactly.

=================
This connector fits into ....
connector.jpg

This Pack...
pack.jpg

Not into the sleds harness.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Mountainhorse... I've been thinking about this since a couple days ago when I re-read my way through one of your other threads explaining how to add a battery into the system for small draw stuff like GPS.
I used to race radio control cars a few years back, and most of my machines used a starter box to start the nitro engine. The batteries I used in these boxes would probably be great for this purpose? they aren't very heavy, and are inexpensive. I had some in both of these sizes before that had a higher Ah rating
http://www.hobbico.com/fieldequip/hcap0800.html
Prime your pump anytime you like, haha... Hook it up to the unused start position on the key switch!!!

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Mountainhorse... I've been thinking about this since a couple days ago when I re-read my way through one of your other threads explaining how to add a battery into the system for small draw stuff like GPS.
I used to race radio control cars a few years back, and most of my machines used a starter box to start the nitro engine. The batteries I used in these boxes would probably be great for this purpose? they aren't very heavy, and are inexpensive. I had some in both of these sizes before that had a higher Ah rating
http://www.hobbico.com/fieldequip/hcap0800.html
Prime your pump anytime you like, haha... Hook it up to the unused start position on the key switch!!!

Now that's a cool idea, couldn't get much easier than that if you happen to accidentally run your sled out of fuel on the hill and can't get it started again after dumping fuel in the tank...:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

Premium Features