• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can't edit thread title

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I can go in and change it, but it doesn't change when I complete editing. Am I a retard or is this function not working? :beer;

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I believe what you can change is the thread title only.. so far anyways..

S
Dec 29, 2001
Brainerd,MN
I can go in and change it, but it doesn't change when I complete editing. Am I a retard or is this function not working? :beer;

I have found the exact same thing as you describe. I have wanted to correct a typo or something in the title line, and I can change it in the "edit" mode, but when saved, there is no change.

It's been this was for a long time, not just with all the recent changes.

B
**********This is what it edits************

When you go in and edit the 'thread title' in edit mode it edits the bold text at the top of the post under your avatar above the actual post. At least this is what I have found.

Chris.

edit--I have changed the text in the "Title:" area while in advanced edit mode.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I have found the exact same thing as you describe. I have wanted to correct a typo or something in the title line, and I can change it in the "edit" mode, but when saved, there is no change.

It's been this was for a long time, not just with all the recent changes.

Correct. You can edit the title but it will not change it in the thread listing, only inside the individual thread. I have experienced this a couple times myself in the past.

For the moment, if you need a title changed, you can PM the moderator in charge of the section you posted the thread in and they can change it very easily.

:beer;

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Sorry Guys.
There is no setting that allows me to let you EDIT your own thread title.

That seems to be hard coded into the system.

Premium Features