• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim Glove Warranty Claim w/Pics

Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)
A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
This was a thread a while ago, but I got a little lazy in the search and decided to just start a new one. I sent my Klim gloves in for a warranty claim and received them back in the same condition I sent them. I probably wore these gloves 6-8 times total, they were my warm weather gloves. Here is the response I got "After careful evaluation of your gloves we have discovered no material or workmanship defects. Our warranty policy covers workmanship for the life of the product." The pics speak for themselves, but as you can see the stitching has clearly failed on a couple of seams, and on one glove the "wrist tightener" completely pulled out. Needless to say I was unimpressed with the way they handled it. In the grand scheme of things not that big of a deal, but I will definitely look elsewhere when it comes time to get new gear. Just thought I would post up to share my experience. For the record, I also own their Bibs and Jacket and they have held up decent, except for one stitching failure in the bibs. I won't waste my time and send those in though.
KlimGlovepics2.jpg

W
Jan 2, 2008
those look like you've really gotten some mileage out of them

I think the warranty is for the life of the product, not your lifetime.

looks like to me those gloves have run outta life.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
Not that much mileage

I may be off by a ride or two, but I only wore them for 6-8 rides total. I wouldn't have sent them in had I gotten a lot of use out of them.

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
I think you guys know if want something that lasts you got to go to a farm store.These are about $4.00.Yah I know they might not be that great for sledding.LOL.
yhst-11746525231274_2073_975725167

M
Sep 4, 2007
Minnesota
I was going to get a pair of Klim Togwotee gloves for this winter. I already have troubles getting gloves to last one trip out west. What should I get instead that will keep my hands dry that are durable?

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
How about
85050_BIG.jpg
not like a mechanics glove but I dont think there is any perfect glove out there yet.

robrstopr

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2002
Colorado Springs
I was going to get a pair of Klim Togwotee gloves for this winter. I already have troubles getting gloves to last one trip out west. What should I get instead that will keep my hands dry that are durable?

Get them....You'll love them. I got a set last season and they are sweet. The leather is soft and they have great grip.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
not burnt

Nope, not burnt. Just the pic. My point of the thread wasn't to bash Klim, just to express my disappointment in their warranty policy. Like I said, I will get over it, I just will be looking to HMK or Helly Hansen for my next apparel purchases.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
True North gloves

I have those as well. Do you have problems with iceballs forming at the fingertips of your true north gloves? I like mine, but that is their only downfall.

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
I have posted it before, but just go to a $20 pair of insulated full leather work gloves. Use snoseal to treat and waterproof them and you are golden for at least a year or two. They fit well, wear well, and perform well. They do however lack in the style department.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
only a few times have I had ice balls....but True North more then makes up for it in their customer care. I tore the velcro closure tab off one glove.(don't let a 3 year old play with a glove in the car, especially when she sticks it beside the drivers seat on the fabric). Sent the gloves in to have them see if they would could sew it up. They couldn't but said they would send em a pair for cost.

good deal, then when I ordered them, they were out of the Storm glove in my size. So they email me and say "we'll give ya the powder storm" for the Storm cost!!!! Bonus nice deal. Plus I got my old ones back, hot glued some velcro on them and they have been working fine.

Premium Features