• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQ rear suspension on Edge chassis?

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
I am debating buying an IQ skid and track to put under my Edge. anyone know if this will work with no mods?? anyone know for sure??

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Won't work... the IQ tunnel is narrower than the edge. I guess you could figure out some spacers or something, but you'll have to space the mounting points.

By the way, the IQ suspension is the same geometry as the Edge so you won't gain anything making the switch.

sled_guy

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
I just want to see if it could be done since I can get a longer track with the suspension for cheap.. Can the rails be used the the rest of the Edge suspension?

H
Jan 9, 2008
Woodland, WA
Yeah, it's easy to do. You will have to use your stock Edge cross shafts and run a bushing on each side to keep it centered...I think I used a 5/8" wide brass machine bushing...pick em up at an Ace Hardware:beer;

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
If the skid does not have the aluminum rebuildable shocks in it... dont waste your time.

You can do it with some, I believe, 7/16 thick by 1" dia aluminum spacers with 3/8" holes thru the center. No need to buy longer shafts.... but you would need to use some very high quality bolts that are 1/2" longer for the mounting in the tunnel.

The valving would need to be changed, which is pretty easy...Carls could get you dialed in then you have the shock service checked off the list as well.

As as side note... the rails are able to be swapped to the edge if you want to. The mounting holes are the same... the cross bolts on the rear lower scissor are bigger on the IQ rails.. so you would need to put a bushing in that location or run IQ cross shaft there.

Good luck

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
The skid actually has the Walker Evans shocks, but not sure if I am going to buy those or not..If the rails will work, I might just try and buy those..

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Can just the top parts of the suspensions be swapped between each other so I still use the wider parts of the Edge suspension or will that not work??

Premium Features