• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski-Doo Forum Users: HELP ME OUT HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The forums I created are just a TEST.

As I have said multiple times.

There are THREE possible ways to go.

By Chassis
By Model
By Use

My personal preference is BY MODEL like Ski-Doo.com lists them on the main corporate manufacturer's site.

ONE OF THOSE THREE MUST PREVAIL.

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
Pre Rev, Rev, XP. KEEP IT AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE.

Browse all is a option but braking up the brotherhood of like brands that read each other Thead title and maybe helping each other is still the most productive IMO, Not eveyone will browse all. I'll admit I'm allways hesitant to change when I find something I like. If there is going too be changes to the sled forum KEEP IT AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE.

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
A COMPROMISE FOUND.

I think I have a solution that will make most people happy!

We will use some set of categories for seperating the posts so it will be "easier" to locate information/threads your after. When you start a NEW THREAD, start it in the appropriate sub-forum so it lives where it belongs.

AND

There is now a BROWSE ALL sub-forum that allows you to see EVERY SINGLE THREAD in the Ski-Doo forum as posted by DATE/TIME.

That allows you to SIMPLY navigate the forum and stay on top of 100% of the posts without having to go directly into any of the sub-forums.

Is this a WIN-WIN solution for everyone?

This is a great idea. As long as it is a view and reply only, I think it will work!

Also, I think chassis makes the most sense. This is primarily a mountain rider forum, but there may be some cross over on a XP trail sled and XP summit.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
. If there is going too be changes to the sled forum KEEP IT AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE.

There are THREE possible ways to go.

By Chassis
By Model
By Use

ONE OF THOSE THREE MUST PREVAIL.

I have a mandate to ORGANIZE the Sled forums just like I do for the SwapMeet.

One of those three has to be implimented!!!

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Chris I do no envy your new task but I will say you are doing a good job of listening and reacting to the forum members. The new Browse All under the doo section is just what I was hoping for!

Is there anyway to tell how people are entering the doo section? I have a feeling most will be entering thru there.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Yes, there is a way to track everything on SnoWest.
But I won't have those numbers for a while yet.
it takes time to collect a large enough sample to be able to trust the data.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
If you want to compare Apples to Apples, this is how DOO has set up their site.

==========
Sledding - General Discussion

Sledding topics not related to specific model

REV-XP Chassis - Performance and Trail Models
Subforums: REV-XP FAQ's

REV-X Chassis - Renegades

REV-XP Chassis - Mountain Sleds

REV-XR Chassis - 4 Stroke Performance and Trail Models
Subforums: REV-XR FAQ's, 4-TEC Turbo Talk

REV Chassis - Performance and Trail Models
Discussion about the REV MXZ, Renegade, GSX, and
GTX Models
Subforums: MXZ REV Chassis FAQs

REV Chassis - Mountain Sleds
Discusson about the REV Summit models

Mach Z
General discussion related to Ski Doo Mach Models
Subforums: Mach Z / Mach 1 Triples, Mach Z FAQ's

MXZX Race Sleds
The place for talking about the Race Sleds
Subforums: Race Sled Classifieds, MXZX 440 Race Sled FAQs, XP RS FAQ's

MXZ / Legend / Summit / Grand Touring / Formula / etc.
General discussion related to these models
Subforums: ZX Chassis & Earlier FAQ's

Freestyle / Legend / Tundra / Expedition Sport
Discussion about the Ski-Doo RF Chassis Sleds

Skandic / Expedition
Discussion about Ski-Doo's Utility Sleds
Subforums: Skandic / Expedition FAQ's

Mini Z/ Mini REV
Discussion about our kid's sleds

Vintage Ski Doo's
Discussion about Ski Doo's early models
Subforums: Vintage Classifieds

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
And just to be clear, they ARE the 800lb Gorrila in Snowmobile sites. A make NO mistake about it, SnoWest is planning on moving up the ladder!!

=====

#1 Forum on the Internet!
http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php
2,373,470 posts
61,058 registered members

(SnoWest + 27,935 additional)
Most users ever online was 1,057 on Mar 31 2008, 01:13 PM

#2 Forum on the Internet!
http://www.hardcoresledder.com/
4,706,591 posts
58,971 registered members

(SnoWest + 25,848 additional)

#3 Forum on the Internet!
http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/
898,502 posts
registered members
(SnoWest + 4,966 additional)
Most users ever online was 604 on Mar 18 2008, 12:56 PM

#4 Forum on the Internet!
http://www.snowest.com/forum/
1,487,219 posts
33,123 registered Members:
Threads: 110,572,

=====

A
Dec 31, 2007
Eagle River, AK
I would put SnoWest at the top of that list in reality. SnoWest has WAY more Active members.

Looking at members right now, SnoWest has ~1500 users on at the moment, with the most ever being ~4500, Doo Talk has ~200 on at the moment with the most ever being 1057. Hardcore sledder has ~100 people online right now and ~4200 was the most ever.

I am willing to bet at any given moment SnoWest will have 4-5x the amount of users online then either of those forums.

W
Dec 29, 2008
Wyoming
I'm still kinda new here. But I think that everyone will be using the browse All and not using the sub-forums. So It will basically be like the old way with a new twist.. I kinda liked it the old way, when I was having problems with my sled lots of people came out and helped me with it....They were mostly XP riders that had a REV at sometime...Just my pennies, added...

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
1. Christopher I like the all feature you have now. That works and basically gives use the "old" Ski-Doo fourmn just like it was. Nice work!:beer;

2. Jacmmaxwell, I like this idea best, very simple and specific!

3. THIS IS NOT DOOTALK!!!!! And if it becomes DooTalk why would I visit both to get my Ski-Doo information? DooTalk has an inside with BRP and that is what makes it nice. I also look toward Dootalk for my Renegade and short track information and also more info on the 600 SDI engine.

4. Unless you plan on changing SnoWEST to SnowAllacrosstheusa I don't log onto this site for short track flatland stuff! I long into here because of the "out WEST" (hence the name SNOWEST) information and that "style" of snowmobiling. If you are trying to make this DooTalk how about you just log into that? Because if I can get all the same information on two sites I'm not going to look at both sites. Do you get my point?

5. I would bet that most of the people that log into or just visit this site visit and do the same to a bunch of snowmobile related sites. AND WE LIKE DOING THAT!!!!

rant over!

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I don't like the sub forums and won't cruise them. Leave it as one. Snowest IS a mountain website.....if people want trail/utility/race info, they can post in the regular forum. I LIKE going into the Doo forum and looking at Rev stuff, turbo stuff, 4 stroke stuff.....I won't read that extra stuff if it's hidden in a sub-forum.

I completetly agree with DB here. Example...Sometimes I may go into a thread for a ZX but wouldn't ever probably go into a specific ZX forum. I think specific forums would be better if engines corresponded with chassis and we know that's not the case. The engines are the same in the ZX and the Rev (for the most part anyway) so a guy with a REV 800 could help a guy with a ZX 800 and since the guy with the REV doesn't own a ZX, the ZX owner may never get an answer that he/she may need

The ONLY thing that this forum needs is the removal of OT!!!

A
Dec 31, 2007
Eagle River, AK
I completetly agree with DB here. Example...Sometimes I may go into a thread for a ZX but wouldn't ever probably go into a specific ZX forum. I think specific forums would be better if engines corresponded with chassis and we know that's not the case. The engines are the same in the ZX and the Rev (for the most part anyway) so a guy with a REV 800 could help a guy with a ZX 800 and since the guy with the REV doesn't own a ZX, the ZX owner may never get an answer that he/she may need

The ONLY thing that this forum needs is the removal of OT!!!

A good way to do this would be to create a forum called Off Topic, here I would merge the currently existing Political and Fouled Plug forums (or have Politics be a sub forum under Off Topic). Off Topic would be dedicated to ANYTHING not having to do with snowmachining.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I would put SnoWest at the top of that list in reality. SnoWest has WAY more Active members.

Looking at members right now, SnoWest has ~1500 users on at the moment, with the most ever being ~4500, Doo Talk has ~200 on at the moment with the most ever being 1057. Hardcore sledder has ~100 people online right now and ~4200 was the most ever.

I am willing to bet at any given moment SnoWest will have 4-5x the amount of users online then either of those forums.
I "suspect" but do not yet know, that you are correct.

Our activity rate is VERY high, and I expect to see it Double and possibly Tripple as a result of some of the goodies that we have planned, but not yet annouced for this winter. If all goes according to plan, we could easily see 10,000 people online on a given single night this winter.!!

Nevertheless.
having competition is a GOOD THING.
It gives me targets to shoot for.

And I want to see OUR NUMBERS blast those guys right out of the woods!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features