• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Powering up the multi function display

Dec 4, 2007
Sometimes when the sled is in the garage I'd like to be able to check the trip odometer or total mileage without creating smoke. Is it possible to power up the multi function display without having to start the sled? If so, where do you connect power and ground? Is it best to use a 12v battery or could you use a battery charger?

Thanks in advance.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
I believe there's a line on the digital wrench pigtail that's for 12v; that's what the dealer would do to access data on the ECU without the engine running.

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Any idea which snomobile we're talkin, seems there are a lot of them and all are different in one way or another when it comes to wiring. LOL. EW

On an 08 D 800, this plug is down in front of the PTO side upper shock mount inside the fender. It is connected in the main harness. Red/White is Positive(+) and Brown is Negative (-). With some 12v you should be all lit up.

100_6781.jpg

I think on our 07 D700 there is a Red/White & Brown 2 wire up by the steering post under the tank cowling.

100_6746.jpg

Good luck. EW

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
I believe there's a line on the digital wrench pigtail that's for 12v; that's what the dealer would do to access data on the ECU without the engine running.

Mule:

I believe this white plug is for the Digital Wrench. The tech that I talked to about this stuuf said don't monkey with the Digital Wrench wiring for any reason. Don't know how true it is but it scared me. I don't want my sled to start burning pistons for no apparent reason.....Doooohhhhhhhhhhh. EW

100_6777.jpg

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
so if you find a red/white and brown 2 wire your good??

i want to power mine up so i can figure out the mfd, can i use a battery charger on 2 amp setting???

also i need to calibrate my altimeter, i 'll have to read up on all this and figure it out this summer:beer;

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
so if you find a red/white and brown 2 wire your good??

i want to power mine up so i can figure out the mfd, can i use a battery charger on 2 amp setting???

also i need to calibrate my altimeter, i 'll have to read up on all this and figure it out this summer:beer;

That is what I have done on the 07 700 & 08 800. I hate to tell you that for sure and then have you want to launch a fried ecu through my head. Better wait a bit and see if one of the other Polaris guru's says I'm full of crap or not. If you look at the pic of the 08 800 you'll see that the plug is actually a 3 wire using only the 2 outside positions. I diked it off and wired in an automotive 2 wire from Napa so I could plug n play from a 12 volt battery with 1 half of the automotive 2 wire being wired to the sled and the other half (hot wire insulated) of the connection with 2 aligator clips to put on the battery. Made it quick and easy for me but then again I just recently figured out what TTT means. Hope someone with more confidence chimes in so you can get powered up. EW

C

CompFusion

Dec 10, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
EricW, your first pic is the correct connector. The 3rd pic IS the ECU power connection.

The red/wht and brown will power up the chassis including all lights so it's best to use a battery.

Premium Features