• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who is buying a 2015 Trails West Snowcheck Blackout Burandt Trailer this year?

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
One of my riding buddies has this same trailer, last year's model. They put 3 155's in theirs last spring. It's a little tight and of course you have to back the 3rd one in between the other two, but it will carry 3.

T

TheJett29

Dec 6, 2007
Western ND
Although it is super good looking... that Matte Black would get COOKIN in the spring/summer months...but if it's just used in the winter...that may be a "plus".

For me...IMO... I'd go with silver or white to keep the solar gain to a minimum.

That is why 2015 is coming with ac painted black to match.

These trailers are top notch and we pull many long trips every year 80-90 mph and pull like a dream. If you are having sway problems it is probably the truck.

Jett

H
Feb 28, 2012
You have dramatic experiences from me

pricing was very comparable. The construction seems to be a higher level with charmac. the TW front door fits so poorly it lets dust and snow inside. i put foam gasket which helped with the snow but the dust still got in like crazy. my Chrmac is a much nicer fit and seals completely (as far as can tell anyways). The trim on the charmac fit better and the floor is sealed better (caulked around edges etc). Charmac puts the heater up in the roof so you have more floor space, not a bad thing when you're cramming 6 sleds in the 28' .... heater almost blocked it too much. I also did not like the ramped floor; very limited flat floor that comfortable to stand on and the 20' is worse.

the ONLY thing that i can think of about the TW that i liked was the side door. they have a nicely built frame/door that is stout. Both trailers pull well but the TW had a little sway around 75-80 and the Charmac is solid up to 90. The spread axle on the Charmac makes it feel like a triple axle, very smooth over bumps on the freeway.

You have dramatically different experiences then me. If you purchased a 2013 then I can understand, it was the first of the burandt series trailers.

1. Never had dust, snow or anything inside the trailer from the front or rear door

2. Never a single sway on my trailer at 90+ mph and feels like a cadilac while being pulled.

3. Trails west - heater is in the ceiling

4. ramp floor does suck if you want to sleep there but I prefer the ramp floor and the infloor heat is fantastic

5. the color is PERFECT for me. These are so heavily insulated it is hard to imagine they would cook me out just because of the color.

6. I've seen charmac but not at all impressed compared to TW. TW is by far the best trailer on the market. I've had a couple different ones and my friends have too and each switched to TW.

Cheers

H
Feb 28, 2012
i was surprised to see you take another chance with trails west. after all of my problems i couldnt image getting another. imo the Charmac is a MUCH better trailer. hopefully you have better luck with this one!

They worked out so many bugs and thank god they made some very important changes. Very excited for this trailer and so happy I could get into one set up exactly the way I wanted it! Pumped

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
Hillside, you had a friends Trails West listed here for sale that had a fuel station. Did he install that himself?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
One of my riding buddies has this same trailer, last year's model. They put 3 155's in theirs last spring. It's a little tight and of course you have to back the 3rd one in between the other two, but it will carry 3.

I have the same size trailer. You drive all three sleds in through the front door. No backing.

H
Feb 28, 2012
Hillside, you had a friends Trails West listed here for sale that had a fuel station. Did he install that himself?

He sold it to a guy in Cheyenne. He ordered a 2015 28' Gooseneck just like mine. Anyone who has had a trails west trailer loves them. I'm going back to them because they are the best in the business. my friend had the fuel station special ordered directly from Trails west. Because he runs race gas he only used it for his wife stock sled and she rarely rode. He didn't get a fuel station this year.

Kcjepperson

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2012
Wallsburg, UT
I just picked up my Brandt edition trails west trailer. First impressions, I am pretty impressed. Looks to be build very stong and well thought out. The interior of the trailer is crazy nice. It almost makes it hard to use for a sled trailer. I pulled 2 hours on the maiden voyage back home and it pulled like a dream. No swaying and no porpoising. We will see how it holds up, my last trailer was a charmac Tri sport and I absolutely loved it.

image.jpg

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
The Trails West gooseneck looks awesome... My only hesitation is the deck over style when towing through ND and MT with high cross winds/snow/ice. Towing with F-250 powerstroke. Interested to hear opinions vs 8.5 wide with wheel wells on the inside (less trailer height).

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
I don't think the TW sits any higher. The floor just contours inside over the wheels.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
The Trails West gooseneck looks awesome... My only hesitation is the deck over style when towing through ND and MT with high cross winds/snow/ice. Towing with F-250 powerstroke. Interested to hear opinions vs 8.5 wide with wheel wells on the inside (less trailer height).

i hated the curved floor. i use my trailer for auto racing, rzr racing, and snowmobiling. when i'm racing in the summer i camp out in the trailer and the curved floor was unenjoyable. the wheel wells never bugged me for snowmobiling and the flat floor is much more user friendly IMO so thats what i have now.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
The Trails West Trailers are hard to beat. I have a '12 bumper pull that I have used a lot and it tows great. The newer ones keep getting better. I have been watching the evolution. This year they really stepped up. Love the new heater setup, and upgraded the door hinges as well as tapered the edges of the doors.

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
Love my new TW....anxious for the snow to fly. I did price some additional overhead cabinets and fold down benches.,...wow...as expensive as the rest of the trailer I guess!! Anyone w dealer connections for some great prices??

D

Dustin_R

Jan 11, 2010
Washington
These trailers are very nice, worst part about my job is drooling over these all day :face-icon-small-win

tan tw sled.jpg white tw sled.jpg black tw sled.jpg

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I have a 9' flatbed (longer than stock) on my F350 with a 6" lift.

How far is it from the goose to the trailer?

Premium Features