• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 silber det problem

C

cr187

Aug 19, 2009
I have a 12 kit. When sled gets to 6500 7000 rpm building full boost 10 11 lbs its is tripping det sensor running straight 100ll. Any thoughts?

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
You may be over revving , sometimes the rpm gauge will read slow. Will it hit the det. If you turn the boost down a couple pounds with same clutching, elevation and fuel??

Last edited:

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Turn boost down to 7 lbs and report back. 100ll is not enough octane for the stock head and 10-12lbs of boost. Google search "octane based on boost and altitude."

Also do a bit of research on compression ratio and boost. Therein lies the answers to your problems.

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
Turn boost down to 7 lbs and report back. 100ll is not enough octane for the stock head and 10-12lbs of boost. Google search "octane based on boost and altitude."

Also do a bit of research on compression ratio and boost. Therein lies the answers to your problems.

I run 15 lbs on 50 percent avgas to oxygen 91 and never hit det. Depends on many things though. Charge Temps, compression, tuning, ect. So it's hard to say what's safe because you can hit det on the best fuel if your tuning is off. Just sayin!

Last edited:

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I run 15 lbs on 50 percent avgas to oxygen 91 and never hit det. Depends on many things though. Charge Temps, compression, tuning, ect. So it's hard to say what's safe because you can hit det on the best fuel if your tuning is off. Just sayin!

Good luck!

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
I run 15 lbs on 50 percent avgas to oxygen 91 and never hit det. Depends on many things though. Charge Temps, compression, tuning, ect. So it's hard to say what's safe because you can hit det on the best fuel if your tuning is off. Just sayin![/QUOTE

You must have a vey low initial compression.

Last edited:
A
Nov 26, 2007
Theer are so many things that can effect det that it is bery difficult to nail it down to fuel alone. Av Gas at 100% is fine for 15 lbs boost at 200 ft elevation providing that
1. The charge temps are under control(a decent intercooler)
2. The AFR is sufficently rich enough
3. The staticcompression ratio is not to high.
4. The load on the engine is not to great(lugging).
5. the ign timimg has the appropriate amount of advance.

Stock head is fine for 15 lbs of boost as far as compression would go at 2000 ft but it will fail soon as it will stretch the stock headbolts and warp the head at the coolant port,then burn off the orings.

It soundas to me that 10 lbs at 7000 rpm may be loading the engine alot. Mine will buss right past 7500 before I see 10 psi with it set at 12lbs. Partthrottle riding you can see det if the AFR or timing is not correct. AFR being the biggest culprit. I do run a 3 deg timing key.
So low elevation riding you need to run a timing key and have your AFR and clutching correct or you will see the det light.

My .02

moto_786

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2011
Check torque on set sensor bolt had 2 friends run into det problems on their sleds due to not properly torquing det sensor

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
Got a few off the wall things I check that caused the same issue on my '11 with '12 Silber kit. On the pro side, where the head of the long bolt that holds on the throttle body boot is, make sure it hasn't been hitting the bulkhead. If it has grind it down a bit, put some silicone on it. Also check the motor mounts. As they wear they become unable to keep that contact from happening. The vibration will set off the knock sensor.

The next thing to check would be the tps setting. If the sensors going bad you could be getting bad signals to the control box and injectors which causes all kinda of issues. DET bein one of them

Also what injectors are you running?

F
Nov 27, 2007
If it gradually and progressively gets worse, think about putting new wrist pin bearings in.... Had mine gradually develop a flat spot and would stick under load.. Took until I blew the motor to find it.. It was a gremlin all season for me last year.. My buddy with a 2012 had same thing happen but his bearing came apart with just damage to the head and piston.

Premium Features