• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber - Vipec question

C

CDK

Sep 5, 2011
I'm hoping someone with a 2013+ Silber kit who converted to Vipec can chime in here: where did you install your IAT sensor in the system? I previously had a 2012 aluminum airbox and was just going to install a bung, but now I switched to the silicone air box and can't figure out where to put it.

Any thoughts?

Kenny B

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2008
Corner Brook, Newfoundland
since there is no intercooler, I would just put in a small section of aluminum pipe between the turbo and throttle body's. Closer to the TB's the better. But I don't see it making a huge difference to the overall temp reading if it ends up being closer to the turbo. Just my thoughs....

I knew I seen one before and here it is:
http://www.bellengineering.net/product_info.php?cPath=6_41_297&products_id=674

Last edited:
M
Oct 1, 2009
doesnt he use the bosch TMAP to tie into the silicone?

You also need a secondary pressure sensor for barometric air pressure, well maybe not need, but should have one... You could use a gm 1 bar for that if your bosch tmap is going to read boost.

C

CDK

Sep 5, 2011

DHP, that is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you very much. I just ordered two, cause extras are handy. Here's a pic, for anyone following:

port_system_picture.jpg

C

CDK

Sep 5, 2011
Also, for all replies above, this is to install an IAT, or Air Intake Temperature sensor. You are correct, I am using the factory Silber spot for the TMAP, and I have repurposed the factory Map sensor for barometric compensation. This is an additional sensor used to trim fuel based on air charge temps.

Premium Features