• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber turbo update map

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
I just updated mine to the new tune. I was talking to a silber dealer and he basically said that it keeps your power valves open longer so they dont close between throttle stabs causing the bog that some had. I didnt really have it happen at low altitude but had it bog a few times in the mountains. If yours didn't have the bog i am not sure if you need to update it.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I have the updated map and still have bog issues. Still seems like I'm getting too much fuel under load. Not fun when you are trying to have fun. When you are in the deep snow it feels like the sled loads up with fuel and can't burn it. I could be wrong, but I'm not wrong about the bog still being there.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
I just went to the new ECU flash and injectors and it ran flawless. This is coming from a Dobeck 4 injector setup and having a bog from WOT to WOT. Bog is gone and ran perfect!

Love it so far!

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I am working on some troubleshooting procedures for those still having issues. The new map has fixed most of the affected sleds but there are a few still having symptoms. It make it extremely tough to troubleshoot something that affects such a small number of sleds when they should all be identical.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Plugs are a good one. I'll check that. I really doubt it's clutching. Here's why...It runs like a mofo when the sleds on hard packed snow. I can't hold the throttle down it's scary. But load it in a ton of powder or on a side hill (blurping the throttle) and it gags. If it were clutching, I'd expect it to still burn smooth but not hit RPM's. Am I wrong?

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Mine ripped on hardpack but had issues in deep snow when it was a primary issue. Thoroughly check that both clutches are functioning perfectly.

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
Plugs are a good one. I'll check that. I really doubt it's clutching. Here's why...It runs like a mofo when the sleds on hard packed snow. I can't hold the throttle down it's scary. But load it in a ton of powder or on a side hill (blurping the throttle) and it gags. If it were clutching, I'd expect it to still burn smooth but not hit RPM's. Am I wrong?

I know it sounds crazy but mine was the exact same. It was an absolute freight train on the trail. Never ever messed up. As soon as it got loaded in the powder in and out of the throttle it would mess up. This was even after the new tune. The new tune was a noticeable feel to the sled though.

Check your primary!!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Corey, how do you have the clutch setup now? I think we are set for roughly the same elevation (9-11k).

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
Does anyone else have the issue of the engine bogging when going from idle to Wot with the track in the air ( on a stand or jumping sled and going from brake back to throttle)? I have the new map.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
They will rarely run clean on a track stand because there is no load and without load the turbo cannot build as much heat. The systems are tuned to run with both the sled and turbo at operating temp. If you pin them and get them hot they will run clean on the stand but running your track at 80mph with no load may cause other issues. Jumping isn't an issue unless you pull the rope after letting it cool down and try it in the first couple minutes.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I also have an issue when I first start the sled. It takes about 15 seconds for the sled to "clear its throat" before it sounds right and will engage. I've even had an issue with the sled not starting for awhile after running it hard for some time. Like a carbed sled that is flooded. Once again, this is why I don't think it's related to clutching.

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
I also have an issue when I first start the sled. It takes about 15 seconds for the sled to "clear its throat" before it sounds right and will engage. I've even had an issue with the sled not starting for awhile after running it hard for some time. Like a carbed sled that is flooded. Once again, this is why I don't think it's related to clutching.

mine did the exact same thing last year too. mine always started but did the rough idle upon start up that you are talking about.

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
Reeds look good but im replacing them anyway. My concern is even with the sled fully hot ( steady riding for half hour). when i take long jumps and need to stop the track while in the air (which causes rpms to come down to idle sometimes) when i smash the throttle to get track speed back up to ground speed so i dont go over the handle bars on landing the sled bogs around 4500rpm and wont rev through 5500 rpm.

Premium Features