• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTK TURBO

Y

yooper 8

Apr 14, 2008
Is anyone running this turbo on their RMK this winter? results? happy? any
info would be great. Very interested in 16,000 deal with 14 RMK, turbo, clutching, RTR. Thanks

I have 650 miles on my 14' 800 and I've had the turbo on from the start. I have been very pleased with the consistency and run ability. It is a ball to ride and has been trouble free. It is a very customer friendly kit with a super clean install, more of a set it and forget kind of kit, put gas and oil in and ride it. I have never been a big turbo fan for the reason's above, I like to tune once and ride. I have three other customers using this kit that have also been very pleased with the performance and ease of use. Shaun at MTNTK is also very customer oriented and great to work with. He's always quick to answer questions and easy to reach. Feel free to ask if you have any questions . Thanks!

Ben Eaton
Tri-City Performance

Y

yooper 8

Apr 14, 2008
Thanks for the info! I am the most interested in the throttle response for tree riding...want more power but I don't want to lose the crisp response from the bottom for stop and go riding in the tight trees. Thank you.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Red deer Alberta
Incredible throttle response, like a stocker on steroids. I rode in the trees all weekend with the snow over the hood constantly, no bogs or hiccups the whole time, very impressed with the kit so far, 200 miles and counting.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
They have a great reviews, there's lots of info on the snow and mud site.

Youtube "mtntk" for vids

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
I have 650 miles on my 14' 800 and I've had the turbo on from the start. I have been very pleased with the consistency and run ability. It is a ball to ride and has been trouble free. It is a very customer friendly kit with a super clean install, more of a set it and forget kind of kit, put gas and oil in and ride it. I have never been a big turbo fan for the reason's above, I like to tune once and ride. I have three other customers using this kit that have also been very pleased with the performance and ease of use. Shaun at MTNTK is also very customer oriented and great to work with. He's always quick to answer questions and easy to reach. Feel free to ask if you have any questions . Thanks!

Ben Eaton
Tri-City Performance

At what elevation are you running this kit? Are you running boost gauge? What kind of boost levels are you seeing at high elevation?

Last edited:
G

ghost rider

Dec 1, 2007
Turbo

Here's my take on the kit:
Install and look of kit is sweet. Like the fact there is no splicing of wires and no electrical draw.
Problems:
When increasing in elevation kit won't maintain boost levels(lucky to get 5.5lbs at 10,000ft) was told it would pull 7-8lbs
When increasing in elevation fuel map becomes boggy on low end and very inconsistent.
Hope they r just bugs to get worked out and they can get it fixed.
I was told to watch out, and that this kit would give my boondocker kit a run for the money as far as power and response goes? Let's just say I'm not worried

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
Here's my take on the kit:
Install and look of kit is sweet. Like the fact there is no splicing of wires and no electrical draw.
Problems:
When increasing in elevation kit won't maintain boost levels(lucky to get 5.5lbs at 10,000ft) was told it would pull 7-8lbs
When increasing in elevation fuel map becomes boggy on low end and very inconsistent.
Hope they r just bugs to get worked out and they can get it fixed.
I was told to watch out, and that this kit would give my boondocker kit a run for the money as far as power and response goes? Let's just say I'm not worried

Thanks, always good to hear both the good and bad.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
I have been impressed with the smoothness of the mtntk kit.
My group has 1 dialed mtntk kit and 2 dialed Boondocker kits.

the mtntk kit runs good, its super smooth on and off throttle and has a very manageable torque curve. Im not saying it will out preform everything on the hill, i dont think it was designed to. The 2 boondocker kits run circles around it as far as power goes, but for a true 91 octane pull and go its been impressive. I have yet to ride the mtntk and BD back to back to back. but i have ridden both on different days and think the mtntk is a great product that will make many people happy.

R

Ryan Nelson

Sep 20, 2009
The 2 boondocker kits run circles around it as far as power goes, but for a true 91 octane pull and go its been impressive.

I'm running the MTNTK Phatty is talking about and have loved it so far! I treat it just like my stocker, true pull and go! It handles great in all conditions including on off throttle tree riding.

i run 91 pump gas…with Ethanol most the time. The 2 Boondocker turbo's are running some crazy 91/race/Avgas mix to get them to run properly….who wants to do that? ;)

G

ghost rider

Dec 1, 2007
Turbo

I'm the type of guy who shoots it straight. I think when u spend $5000 plus on any kit u should know what your getting. That's what this forum is all about.
Track speed on MTNTK at elevation(8500+ft) is upper 40,s. Don't know at lower elevations I don't ride below 7,200ft. It does wake up as u go lower so kit is probably rippin at lower elevations and pulling full boost I would imagine. Like said it is a very smooth running kit. I do have seat time on both kits back to back against my boondocker turbo and also my big bore Doo. Like stated MTNTK kit doesn't compare in power. Boondocker has 15mph ground speed at top of climb at 9500ft and MTNTK has 5mph. It's neck in neck with a well setup big bore at 9500ft.
Like stated, if u like the kit then who cares and enjoy riding. For those who were told and expected more their is a little disappointment. My .02

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
I'm interested in the kit and higher elevation performance too, like up to 13000':face-icon-small-ton What do you suppose the price difference is on the MTNTK vs BD set ups you are referring to? Thx

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Help me understand something. I thought this system was supposed to maintain "power" so you set it at your truck and when you hit higher elevations it'll automatically ramp up boost to maintain that power level you set at the truck. Is this not doing that?

A
Nov 26, 2007
Here is my .02. Havent riddin one yet but I like how the kit is put together and form what I know the kit is doing what it is supposed to do. I see that as the problem. If I am going to spend $5000 on a turbo kit I want HUGE power not just a little more. I run form 12-14 psi on my BD pro at 1200 ft. YES it has big power there. In order to run that much boost you need an intercooler or it's a waste. Mine can always be a pump gas turbo but doesn't have to be held back there. Pump gas turbo kits are a half measure.

Now from what I understand MNTCK is setting up right now with bigger injectors and new mapping for it. As long as they add an intercooler I beleive that there kit will be golden and the one to have. My .02

skunk75

Premium Member
Dec 29, 2008
Wyoming
14 Assault with the MTNTK kit. First ride today. Very smooth, pull and go. Idle to 4700rpm seems very rich on the map. 4700 to 8200 is flawless. Rode at 9500'. Definitely could use a few more psi but I'm very happy with the combo so far. Fit and finish is excellent. Im excited to see the advancements they are working on.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I'm running the MTNTK Phatty is talking about and have loved it so far! I treat it just like my stocker, true pull and go! It handles great in all conditions including on off throttle tree riding.

i run 91 pump gas…with Ethanol most the time. The 2 Boondocker turbo's are running some crazy 91/race/Avgas mix to get them to run properly….who wants to do that? ;)

You can run whatever fuel you want in a BD, depending on what boost and altitude you want to run.

I'm interested in the kit and higher elevation performance too, like up to 13000':face-icon-small-ton What do you suppose the price difference is on the MTNTK vs BD set ups you are referring to? Thx

I believe MTNTK is around 5 grand and a decked out BD with all the bells and whistles is around $7,500. The base BD kit is around 5 grand

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
You can run whatever fuel you want in a BD, depending on what boost and altitude you want to run.

I believe MTNTK is around 5 grand and a decked out BD with all the bells and whistles is around $7,500. The base BD kit is around 5 grand

the 2 BD kits in our group, 1 runs only AV gas and the other runs a blend of race, av, and 91. I think thats what ryan was referring to as to why they have more power.

Premium Features