• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker EBC

RDS88

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Anyone running the Bonndocker EBC, if so is it worth it? What are the pro's and con's?

E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
EBC is huge for any sled. It compensats for elevation change so when you climb the boost climbs with you making the same power when you unload to the top of the mountain.

My base is 11lbs at the truck and climb to almost 12lbs depending on where I ride.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
If you ride where the elevation changes a lot, or travel to different areas that have drastically different elevation, the EBC is nice to keep boost PSI constant and that means that you don't have to worry about changing your fueling or clutching requirements.

If you ride at a constant elevation, it is not needed at all.

S

SXViper

Nov 26, 2007
Lenexa, Kansas
The EBC is more than an altitude based boost compensator. It is TPS smart and will regulate boost based on throttle position. This produces much smoother power transition. It is also has the capacity to run your push to pass feature should you choose. I've been running it since 2012 and have found it to be a very useful component. We ride between 9-11k predominantly.

Premium Features