• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Burning oil bad

odiermk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2010
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Put silber update kit on 13 pro and sled is burning through oil. Cloud of smoke following me around. Anybody having issues with oil pump or oil pump springs. Or do I need to adjust oil pump down?

B
Jan 10, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
I just reflashed mine with newest tune and I had a similar issue this weekend in Sicamous. Sled was running rich with a big hesitation from a dead stop. It ran much better before I reflashed it with new tune

odiermk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2010
I didn't think so either, just checking to see if anyone else was or did have an issue. I don't have anything obstructing the pump in any way, but the springs do not return the lever back to home position. So I am guessing the springs need replaced. Unless someone else had an idea why it would hang up on me... Was first ride this weekend so thought springs could just be dirty, so cleaned them but made no difference.

odiermk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2010
I just reflashed mine with newest tune and I had a similar issue this weekend in Sicamous. Sled was running rich with a big hesitation from a dead stop. It ran much better before I reflashed it with new tune

Yes I have major hesitation also, but was thinking my clutching was off. I rode for about 3 hrs and burned 3/4 tank of oil.

B
Jan 10, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
After fingering out the same thing as you did I found that the keeper for the spring for the oil linkage return had poped out. Had to strip everything off to get to oil pump to reset the spring. Now it returns normally. I just hope I have it installed correctly as the oil linkage arm spun 360 on me and I'm not sure it that matters opt not. Arms pointing to the mag side witch it should. Can anyone chime in on if it matters if the linkage spun 360 before I put the tod and linkage back on to were it should be?

Cheers

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
The linkage rod Super Dave3 is talking about is the rod that connects to the throttle body actuator and runs down to the oil pump linkage.

It can be a little bit of a bugger to connect that properly to the throttle body when reinstalling the throttle body back into the reed intake boot if you have disconnected it for any reason. In fact, sometimes it will bind if it is connected incorrectly.

Often times when you disconnect the rod, the linkage actuator on the oil pump spins backwards. When this happens, you must be re careful that you spin the linkage actuator back to the correct placement before reattaching it to the throttle body.

If you are going through oil to the point of your reporting, then you need to check this. and if you installed a turbo kit, then you most likely had to remove the oil pump rod.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
what dave said ^^^ its a fail safe if the linkage breaks or on the older sleds it was a cable then the oil injector pump goes to full mode

i'm sure it will affect the low end running since it can't burn all that oil
good luck

let it snow

odiermk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2010
With this kit you slide the Silber billet throttle body onto the stock throttle body without removing stock throttle body, so no need to disconnect the linkage. But when I did unload the sled the throttle was very stiff at first so I wonder if the linkage was holding it up. Then when I forced the throttle open it may have spun the linkage 180° freeing the throttle. The lower linkage arm is pointing away from the mag side, and should be pointed mag side?

Premium Features