• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fox shock covers

armey37

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2008
Richland,WA
Fox shock cover cracked and I never hit anything. Seems like a junk products. Anyone recommend another products that lasts?

image.jpg

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Flip the shocks around 180deg and don't run protectors. Unless you are getting roosted from sleds in front of you, then the shocks won't get any pitting damage that way.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
is there any oil in these shocks? i know some of the other shocks like that are supposed to go shaft down to keep the seals wet. if its just a cover why not remove it.
nice sled, i think 14 cat is my favorite color combo of anything to date.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I noticed on the older set I ran (hose clamp held them on) snow/ice would get packed between the shield and shock and when it cycled it wanted to push the guard out away from the shock by the end of the day. The older style had enough flex that it didn't damage them. I'm guessing the same thing is happening with yours, or the snow/ice pushed the guard over the larger part of the shock on the bottom and split it. On a trail sled it's probably never a problem, but it's different on a mountain sled where snow is getting packed in there and snow is melting off the hood and creating ice everywhere below it.

mk2g60

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, NH
www.shock-tech.com
is there any oil in these shocks? i know some of the other shocks like that are supposed to go shaft down to keep the seals wet. if its just a cover why not remove it.
nice sled, i think 14 cat is my favorite color combo of anything to date.

all shocks run oil and inverting them isn't an issue.

if you can find a set of the original float guards they are much more durable than the newer version

Last edited:
Premium Features