• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

kPa Self Lube Turbo's released!

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
So Boston Racing

I've pm'd you but no answer so im asking here.

I got a kPa 2863b and want to upgrade it to a oilless centersection.

Could i order the centersection myself and have a local company change it, or do i have to send my turbo in?

Price for the upgrade?

Also want to know the pricetag for adding stainless exhaust housing & external wastegate.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
It will be better on so many levels

What levels is this self lubricating turbo better? The way I understand it, I just get to lose the big oil tank and lines that I have now. Does it do something else performance wise?

So Boston Racing

I've pm'd you but no answer so im asking here.

I got a kPa 2863b and want to upgrade it to a oilless centersection.

Could i order the centersection myself and have a local company change it, or do i have to send my turbo in?

Price for the upgrade?

Also want to know the pricetag for adding stainless exhaust housing & external wastegate.

He is probably working on UTV's right now. Be patient, he'll come back. I'm pretty sure he told me you can replace the center section yourself. But you should confirm with him.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
What levels is this self lubricating turbo better? The way I understand it, I just get to lose the big oil tank and lines that I have now. Does it do something else performance wise?

He is probably working on UTV's right now. Be patient, he'll come back. I'm pretty sure he told me you can replace the center section yourself. But you should confirm with him.

Yep..What he said. In the summer my kid races quarter midgets and I am doing the UTV stuff. The Self lubes spool a little quicker and the biggest advantages are weight savings and simplicity.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Advantages like no oil all over your engine compartment, no rust on it, bigger wastgate, stainless housing, more nickel in that housing, optional v bands, optional external waste gate, optional titanium down pipe,
Oh yeah and precision balanced!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Advantages like no oil all over your engine compartment, no rust on it, bigger wastgate, stainless housing, more nickel in that housing, optional v bands, optional external waste gate, optional titanium down pipe,
Oh yeah and precision balanced!

Yep, for some reason I still manage to get some oil leak, almost like perspiration. It's not much though. Anyone who has installed the oil tank knows that it is a PITA. I'm always paranoid that there isn't oil or it isn't moving so I'm constantly checking and pulling the line and running the sled to make sure oil is moving. I see some additional room under the hood in the near future.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
seems like no matter whos kit it is, always at least some oil weeping out of somewhere.

After doing plenty of oiled kits, just the pure ease of install with the self lube makes me want everyone to upgrade. it seriously knocks down almost an hour of not trying to wrestle the oil tank/turbo combo into the sled and connect anything, and is just that much less going on. let alone the 5# if not more it saves.

G
Apr 23, 2008
5 lbs ? Where?

My jaz oil bottle weighs 4.5 oz. the oem oil pump is NOT a weight gain as its in there to begin with.
the total of 1 quart of 5 wt synth weighs 1 lb.

Not a single drop of oil leaked in 7 yrs.. I must be doing something wrong.

lol

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Ya Gus, add in the Wendy's triple burger combo, upsize fries with a chocolate frosty and you gained 3 more lbs!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Not a single drop of oil leaked in 7 yrs.. I must be doing something wrong.

How many times do you roll your sled in a normal ride? ;)

seeping caps seems to be the plauge on most kits, they have to vent and when your upside down, somethings gonna leak.

also, the big gain your also not seeing, aluminum center section vs cast iron. thats worth a few #

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
Boston Racing i still havent got a pm from you with price on centersection for a kPa 2863b.
Also would like to get a stainless exhaust housing.

Im ready to order now so make me a deal :face-icon-small-hap

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I am so sorry, I though I sent it. Things have been hectic with the UTV stuff and I don't make it on SW as much as normal. Ill shoot it over right now.

Premium Features