• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gearing Down Turbo Pros..

D
Nov 14, 2013
I was riding a buddies 14' stocker the other day, which is geared down with a c3 belt drive (not sure on ratio.) Doing some tight tree sidehills it was soo easy to 'flick' the stocker on an edge, my sled takes a little more throttle plus a harder pull on the bars. Curious on peoples thoughts of gearing down the turbo. I will be putting in a 7 tooth drive with a camo 2.5 track after the season so I will be geared down. HM recommends going back to the stock ratio, but I think for the type of riding I enjoy the gear down would be beneficial.

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
I was riding a buddies 14' stocker the other day, which is geared down with a c3 belt drive (not sure on ratio.) Doing some tight tree sidehills it was soo easy to 'flick' the stocker on an edge, my sled takes a little more throttle plus a harder pull on the bars. Curious on peoples thoughts of gearing down the turbo. I will be putting in a 7 tooth drive with a camo 2.5 track after the season so I will be geared down. HM recommends going back to the stock ratio, but I think for the type of riding I enjoy the gear down would be beneficial.

I'm running 19-43 gearing. I see no downsides. I'd like to hear from guys who have run 19-45 on a turbo Pro cause I'm thinking about doing it.

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
I run 2.37gearing on my Silber with a 163 3"----used toms belt drive with one tooth down and 7 tooth 3" pitch drivers works very well

Last edited:
S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I have a 45 and a 78 pitch chain if someone needs it. Brand new, haven't even opened the box from shipping.

Long story... I ordered it, and ended up having what I needed in our spare parts.

I will sell it reasonable. Just going to sit here.

GoHiSK1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Melfort Saskatchewan
Gear ratio .

I am using A TKI belt drive with a 2:42 ratio on my 2013 PRO with B/D Silber Turbo and 174' x 3" .
After two 5 day mountain rides with 2' to 3.5' of snow I have not had a drive belt expire or even smelt the belt get warm/hot.
Earlier this winter and last year I could smell my drive belt just before it would start to come apart or explode if I stayed on the throttle.
So long story short I would consume at least 2 belts for every 5 days of riding :face-icon-small-sad .
Little slower on the trail but who speeds on the trail anyway.
For me Lowering the Gear Ratio has saved me lots of $$$$ and more then paid for the TKI kit. As well made the sled more fun to ride.

Last edited:
D
Nov 14, 2013
I am using A TKI belt drive with a 2:42 ratio on my 2013 PRO with B/D Silber Turbo and 174' x 3" .
After two 5 day mountain rides with 2' to 3.5' of snow I have not had a drive belt expire or even smelt the belt get warm/hot.
Earlier this winter and last year I could smell my drive belt just before it would start to come apart or explode if I stayed on the throttle.
So long story short I would consume at least 2 extra belts for every 5 days of riding :face-icon-small-sad .
Little slower on the trail but who speeds on the trail anyway.
For me Lowering the Gear Ratio has saved me lots of $$$$ and more then paid for the TKI kit. As well made the sled more fun to ride.

Thats just it, my buddies had to gear down their stockers for the same reason, both big boys. I haven't been too hard on belts, but those sleds geared down were amazing to get on their sides.

G

ghost rider

Dec 1, 2007
Turbo Gearing

So what type of benefits can gearing down a turboed sled get you? I'm riding a BDocker turboed Pro 163' and love to ride the big shoots and in the trees as well. I'm 185 with gear and ride 7-10k, what combo would work best for me. Thanks

Premium Features