• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 Rev 800 Runs rough at low speed

J
Nov 28, 2007
WA
Since coming out of storage, my 04 Rev 800 with DPM runs rough at low speed, but runs great once the throttle opens a bit. It causes it to idle rough, possibly on one cylinder, and to run rough when the RPMs are down. I checked spark on each cylinder and replaced the plugs, just to eliminate something simple. I think it may be due to debris in one of the carburetors preventing flow at low vacuum, but not sure. I pulled off the secondary clutch, air box, and carbs and cleaned them as much as possible without disconnecting the linkage. I unscrewed the bottom float bowl bolt and the main jet inside each carb, then used cleaner and an air compressor to try to blow anything out of there that might be prohibiting fuel flow. When I ran it in my garage it ran better, but then I then ran it this last weekend on the trail and it was doing the same thing again. It seems like I missed whatever was causing the issue. Hoping someone has had this issue and can give me some pointers. Thanks!

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Eddy is right replace the pilot jets no way to clean them out and their only like $3 each, betcha that fixes your problem.

J
Nov 28, 2007
WA
exhaust manifold bolts loose

Turns out the exhaust manifold was loose reducing backpressure. Anybody with an older rev should check these bolts regularly!

Premium Features