• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best place to spend money?

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I would do a can, vents, and Y-pipe unless you want to do a fuel box and than do the intake as well.

P

prairieguy

Nov 26, 2007
if your worried about weight i would say get a can i just put a jaws on mine and wow the weight savings is big the stock one is heavy!! it was almost 15 lbs i did a fast check with an old worn out fish scale and the stock one was about 20 pounds and my jaws can is around 5 pounds (my numbers could be off). i want my new m1000 to be a pull and go so all i did was added the y pipe with a jaws can and bought a boss seat and put some new slydogs on now just waiting for snow. i did get a very good deal on the boss seat and powderhounds thats why i put them on.

good luck
joe

Side Panel vents and shock tower vent on clutch side unless you like buying belts @ 150 a pop. saw a buddy burn up like 5 before he finally bought vents the last part of the season last year!

by far the best money spent vs. money saved in the long run on the m1000's.....

check out 2 cool air vents or xxxmodrod, they both have nice vents for a good price...

S
Oct 21, 2008
I'm a former m series guy, put a head,ypipe, pipe,can,reeds, hi flow air intake, your m 1000 just made an extra 10-15 hp. Thats no ****, I've had it dyno'd. And you will get rid of that ****ty lag

K
Nov 6, 2008
N/E Washington
Thanks for the advise, Plan on vents and a can then ride if it snows. Down the road who knows, that turbo sounds interesting!!! Thanks again looking forward to riding it!!!

Premium Features