• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

With 215 reflash, better to go heavy or lite on 110

G
Jan 15, 2009
Vail
The snow has been **** for so long I've forgotten how much 110 race gas is in my sled. Is it better to go a little heavy on it or go a little light?

Sorry for the stupid question.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Always better to be safe... you can lose some performance, so don't piss $$ away on it every time, but I thought up here you only needed a gal of race for that flash? I do NOT own that sled, don't take that for gospel, just know one guy from the chity with that flash & I thought that was what he ran at the ears.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Never bad running better fuel than required on an Evo flash. It will make a little more hp with the ability to adjust ecu parameters from what it sees primarily from the knock sensor but other measurements as well.

Last edited:

blackjack85335

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
87 or 100LL AV gas?

Never bad running better fuel than required on an Evo flash. It will make a little more hp with the ability to adjust ecu parameters from what it sees primarily from the knock sensor but other measurements as well.

im looking at a 2012 with 215 flash from evo along with other evo goodies. im at sea level to 2500 ft. only have 87 at pump otherwise i can get 100LL AV gas. what would you recommend?

Sep 2, 2009
near rev Canada BC

my sled with with 215 flash i run chevron 93 [Canada] for the last couple of years it runs good all the time. But when the snow is deep and the hood is submerged most of the day a gallon of VP seems a little cleaner a little sweeter so i keep a pail around just for days like that. its coming :face-icon-small-ton

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
im looking at a 2012 with 215 flash from evo along with other evo goodies. im at sea level to 2500 ft. only have 87 at pump otherwise i can get 100LL AV gas. what would you recommend?

A 215 mountain flash is a 93 octane requirement. Because of the altitude compensating nature of the ecu it's not like you might be used to with the ability to vary octane with elevation. It requires 93 octane at 10k the same as sea level. Any Evo flash will make more power than rated (in this case 215) because of the capability of the flash to read the knock sensor (among other things) to safely adjust timing for more power with better fuel. Bottom line is 93 octane minimum with a 215 flash.

blackjack85335

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
what should i mix?

i ride up to 2000 ft elevation here in alaska. just got a 2012 1100 with 215 evo flash. all i have is 87 at the pump and 100LL. should i just run straight 100 AV gas all the time to be safe as such low elevations?

blackjack85335

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
thanks for info

ill run 50/50 87 octane and 100LL. whats the highest flash you can run on a stock turbo with straight 100LL at sea level to 2000 ft? just curious in case i decide to reflash down the road. much difference between the stock turbo and a big chute upgrade? thought about upgrading.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
The highest flash you can run on 100....is the 100 flash. The Evo flashes are by octane not boost or hp numbers. The higher the flash the faster the heat soak will happen with the stock turbo. With supporting mods (cold air, downpipe, exhaust) you can get into the 230 range on the 100 flash. With the cold air and fan kit you can prolong the heat soak. Boondocking or just bombing around the 100 flash is very entertaining. Climbing half mile chutes at wot for 30-60 seconds you will be better suited to the BC kit. BC kit is 280 with 100 and doesn't have the heat soak issues with the bigger compressor wheel, which means it is not quite as responsive either. Both have their purpose.

Premium Features