• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris just released them this mornning....RZR 4 Turbo and RZR4 Highlifter

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I made fun of these things too. Right up until I drove a few. They are a blast and there is nothing that rides as smooth off road for the $$. The suspension right off the showroom floor is unreal. The 4 seater is even more fun cause your buddies can come along. Ya there are lots of cheaper alternatives...but aight that logic, skiing is a lot cheaper than sledding and both get you out on the snow.

What I don't get is the big fuss on the Yamaha...late to the party and less power. Same story as the sleds I guess.

Last edited:

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
No doubt they are fun. but for every price increase they limit the customer base. Been a fan of Off-racing for a long time and have been on a couple of small local teams. The faster you want to go and the smoother you want to make the ride the more money you need to spend. Trophy trucks and unlimited buggies are incredible with there 30 inches of travel and 800 hp but they are 500 grand for the truck and over a million to campaign over the season. I would have a long travel SxS in a heart beat if i had 45-50 grand to spend but that wont happen because i dont have that kind of money to spend on a toy that you can only really use in my area 8 months out of the year the rest of the time you are paying to store it.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Yup ^^^^ :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap My friend had his Yamaha 500cc 2 stroke race bike registered and street legal here

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
That's awesome...they are mega strict on that stuff in bc, which sucks

We would sell sooo many more rzr's, Rangers, etc if they could be even remotely road legal

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
In Montana, they must be street legal to ride on Federal Land.
It's a federal thing, so it's possibly true for all states?

sledr900

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
WSS, MT
Just picked mine up on Saturday, but wife isn't convinced it's worth having in the shop. So it's listed in the swapmeet.

IMG_0051.jpg

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Just picked mine up on Saturday, but wife isn't convinced it's worth having in the shop. So it's listed in the swapmeet.

WTF?
DO YOU NEED ME TO TALK TO SOME SENSE INTO HER?

Otherwise, what time should I come by to grab it?

sledr900

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
WSS, MT
I guess I never asked her if I could store it in someone else's shop. Do you know how tough it is to have that sitting in the shop and not taking it out for a spin? I test drove a 2-seater before I ordered this one and you can definately feel all 144 horses.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I guess I never asked her if I could store it in someone else's shop. Do you know how tough it is to have that sitting in the shop and not taking it out for a spin? I test drove a 2-seater before I ordered this one and you can definately feel all 144 horses.

Sure you can store it at my house.

I promise that the odometer will be accurate. :face-icon-small-ton

sledr900

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
WSS, MT
We are in the Townsend/White Sulphur Springs area. If we don't sell it I am really looking forward to traveling to the dunes in St. Anthony next spring. Never been to the dunes, but it looks like fun.

A
Jan 28, 2010
I made fun of these things too. Right up until I drove a few. They are a blast and there is nothing that rides as smooth off road for the $$. The suspension right off the showroom floor is unreal. The 4 seater is even more fun cause your buddies can come along. Ya there are lots of cheaper alternatives...but aight that logic, skiing is a lot cheaper than sledding and both get you out on the snow.

What I don't get is the big fuss on the Yamaha...late to the party and less power. Same story as the sleds I guess.

Drive the new yamaha and you will understand the big fuss.

sledr900

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
WSS, MT
2017 Polaris XP Turbo 168hp!

Darn you Polaris! I know how much fun 144hp was and now you up the horsepower to 168! I am getting the itch again. Probably will be in trouble with the wife. I will ask her if I can buy one on the day she gets her new Axys.:eyebrows:

fac-september-rzr-xp-4-turbo-us.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features